Author Topic: Sort of newby  (Read 2400 times)

Bobitybob

• Not So New ...
Sort of newby
« on: November 07, 2008, 22:08:31 »
Hi I started looking at this site a couple of weeks ago, after registering all I have done so far (until now) is reading all the comments etc. It reminds me of the site where my Lottie is in Nelson Lancs. I'm almost a beginner at the lottie even though i've had it now for almost a year. It was previously owned!!! by someone who looked after rescue birds so there wasn't much growing area but plenty of half shed/cages which I have finally cleared and to date have some raised beds all composted and covered up for the winter. I am also in the process of raising the pathways as if we have rain, or when we have rain they submerge themselves. I've managed to get a greenhouse and with the help of my lottie neighbours got either glass or plastic in all the right places.Whilst all this was going on I was able to plant a few spuds (King Edwards),some onions and climbing beans.I can't wait until I can start to plant some seeds and start things growing again.I think I've got withdrawal symptoms already.The reason I'm here is to ask if anyone can tell me what colour are these Clematis I was given them by a friend who got them from a newspaper offer and he has no idea about them, He hasn't even a garden.Anyway they are
1:-) CARNABY
2:-) COMTESSE DE BOUCHAUD
3:-) GILLIAN BLADES
4:-) VIT MDM JULIE CORREVON
5:-) VIT POLISH SPIRIT
6:-) WARSAW NIKE
As I said i'm after colour and also if possible suitability for small or large garden.
Hope this isn't too much first time around.
Bob

trinity

• Acre
Re: Sort of newby
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 22:14:31 »
welcom to the sight sorry I havent a clue about your question but I am sure the    ONES WITH KNOLAGE 8)        will post soon jus wanted to say hi
(its nice to get a quick responce to your firs post ;D eaven if it is no help ;D)

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 22:15:25 »
sorry hit post not spell check :-[

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 22:16:04 »
Hi Bob,

Welcome to Allotments 4 All!

That sounds like a good collection.  I don't know enough about clems to help you but here are some websites that might help, the first is the biggest index of a single species I have seen, click on Clematis A-Z and you might find yours -

http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/

http://www.taylorsclematis.co.uk/

http://www.plocket.co.uk/

http://www.britishclematis.org.uk/

Hope they are of some use and good luck.

T.

Bobitybob

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 22:28:54 »
Thanks to all for the welcome and Tulipa thanks for the sites, the first one is brilliant I just type in the name and up pops a picture. Click on the picture and all relevant information is there as well.
Bob

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 22:42:06 »
Welcome to the site Bob... I'm in exile in Derby from Sunny (!?!) Rossendale...
 ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 08:51:12 »
hiya, bob..welcome to the site..we're not that far away, our plot is in golborne, warrington  ;D
don't know much about clematis but I like them  ;D

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008, 09:12:41 »
Welcome to our 2nd home.  First one being the plot ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008, 09:56:58 »
Welcom, Bob. You could try posting your question in the "non-edible" forum, you might get some more replies there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal