Author Topic: River Cottage Landshare  (Read 6205 times)

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: River Cottage Landshare
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 22:00:19 »
Can't understand your prob Simmo.
Being a 'Black Country Boy' - you're the salt of the earth. Why don't you help your neighbour?
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

simmo116

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 22:14:43 »
just dont feel right .they would give us a key and all that. oh and there house is on the market .didnt want to put all that effort into an unlasting project. dont think the new residents would understand!!! lol

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2008, 22:41:38 »
Think you did the right thing. :)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2008, 09:43:15 »
Another bright idea from those jumped up so called tv celebs. Chicken, school dinners, and now landshare. Now after they have been paid for their tv appearances and promoted their shops and restuarants what do they do? They get the public to badger the local authorities to take run their hairbrained schemes. Then the money that was never there in the first place runs out and the schemes get abandoned.

I was told about the last programme, where the dirty barsteward ate squirel guts and oysters fresh from the wild. All oysters caught/farmed around our coast are full of dangerous chemicals and metals and have to be blasted by ultra violet or something similar to make them safe to eat.

So when all the gullable people who hang on his every word get severe sickness from copying this latest stunt, will he be anywhere to be found. I think not.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 11:07:51 »
Can you dig up wild parsnips ??? are they not a wild flower :-\

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 12:32:04 »
My daughter and family are moving into a London house with a small garden, next to one with same size garden an absolute wilderness of overgrown shrubs and towering weeds and ferns. They are thinking of offering rent to this neighbour to be allowed to grow a few veg at the bottom of the garden. Fence in holes, so easy to come and go. Might secretly hack down some of the undergrowth, if allowed to, as it is bursting through into their garden.

Very sorry to hear about your son's heart attack, Flossy. Sounds as if he was in the right place, as you say. My daughter's father-in-law, a Thames river man, had a heart attack sailing past St Thomas's Hospital, so his mates put him ashore on their landing stage and with 3 minutes he was being treated! Still thriving - had Sunday lunch with him and the rest of the family yesterday.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 14:05:34 »

Thank you artichoke,    :)

So pleased to hear of father-in -law's recovery - as he too was in the right place at that time.

floss xxx    :-*

Hertfordshire,   south east England

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal