Author Topic: off to an auction - mantis rotovator advice needed  (Read 977 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
off to an auction - mantis rotovator advice needed
« on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:30 »
Hi Guys,

I have been having a look at a local auction catalogue as i was on the look out for a working dyson (replaced my broken dyson with a vax bad move its useless) and i cant afford a new one so though i would have a look at the auction house which happens to have 3 listed as working :)

To my surprise they also have a mantis rotovator (i will call tomorrow to see if they can tell me more) but i will go early and have a look. Is there anything i need to look for?? I dont think they will let me start it up and try it out though :) And its petrol.

Advice as always appreciated :)

Louise

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: off to an auction - mantis rotovator advice needed
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 04:22:35 »
Louise,
                Ask at the auction if the 'Mantis' is a runner and if so get them to start it up and run it for a few minutes, To Start, press the switch in on the handle give the primer a few tickles pull out the choke and give the starter a few puls, if it is good nick it should kick up with no trouble, also check if there is any other equipment with it some of them come with all kinds of kit, if you can't see it running I would leave it alone :)

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 09:05:59 »
Surely they'd let you start it up....how else can you be sure it's going to work?  Mr. Smith is right - if they don't let ya, leave it alone.   I like my Mantis very much - just right for me (only being little).  Kit-wise, you might be lucky and get an edger or a tiller.
twinkletoes

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 17:01:02 »
thanks guys as always :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 17:48:36 »
called this morning before heading off and the rotovator was a no starter being sold for parts :(

So went into town for lunch instead.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal