Author Topic: Two month old wine  (Read 2024 times)

puppy2

• Not So New ...
Two month old wine
« on: October 29, 2008, 16:15:36 »
Back on Sept. 5, 2008 I posted the following:
Just a little note to let you all know that I took the 1 gal. of grape wine and the 1 gal. of elderberry that I had in the gallon jugs and mixed them in one glass 2 gallon demijohn. Put on the bubbler and now will just wait a while and see what I  get.

Now to bring everything up to date....I have racked and bottled one half of the wine and and my wife  (and me) both like the finished product.
 I am sure the other half which is still in a one Gal. jug,  will be even better after we let it age about a year, if we can keep from drinking it too.
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter-Sermons and soda-water the day after   Lord Bryron

puppy2

• Not So New ...
Re: Two month old wine
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 16:18:26 »
Well it seems I messed that one up. I wanted to post it in the the Forum: by Baccy Man-Wine making with elderberries. but it did not go there, sorry about that
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter-Sermons and soda-water the day after   Lord Bryron

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 23:30:01 »
Just had a surprise birthday dinner for my husband last night and had two store bought wines available and a bottle of my homemade elderberry "elixir".  The guests insisted on the elderberry and even had seconds so I guess it was not too bad tasting ;D!  That made my evening!
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

STEVEB

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 23:45:30 »
went to my 10 year work meal/drink on thursday i find all commercial wines insipid after my home brew
If it ain't broke don't fix it !!

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:15:47 »
went to my 10 year work meal/drink on thursday i find all commercial wines insipid after my home brew
  Aren't we both getting terribly terribly smug! ;D
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal