Author Topic: ALZHEIMER'S TEST  (Read 2267 times)

Vony

• Acre
ALZHEIMER'S TEST
« on: October 27, 2008, 06:33:29 »

ALZHEIMER'S TEST

The following was developed as a mental age assessment by the School of Psychiatry at Harvard University. Take your time and see if you can read each line aloud without a mistake. The average person over 40 years of age cannot do it!

1. This is this cat.
  2. This is is cat.
  3. This is how cat.
  4. This is to cat.
  5. This is keep cat.
  6. This is an cat.
  7. This is old cat.
  8. This is fart cat.
  9. This is busy cat.
10. This is for cat.
11. This is forty cat.
12. This is seconds cat.

Now go back and read the third word in each line from the top down.  Bet you you cannot resist passing it on.

betula

• Hectare
Re: ALZHEIMER'S TEST
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 08:25:00 »
 ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:46:12 »
This is funny but............I just wish people who make this sort of thing up would not head it Alzheimer's test.  I realise that you probably just copied it Vony so am not blaming you.  It could have been called "reading test" and been just as funny.

Perhaps I am being a little sensitive but both my parents suffered with Alzheimer's and believe me it is no joking matter. 

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:53:01 »
This is funny but............I just wish people who make this sort of thing up would not head it Alzheimer's test.  I realise that you probably just copied it Vony so am not blaming you.  It could have been called "reading test" and been just as funny.

Perhaps I am being a little sensitive but both my parents suffered with Alzheimer's and believe me it is no joking matter. 

I was going to post something similar, Pauline. It's got nothing to do with Alzheimer's & if it did it wouldn't be funny... You wouldn't have "cancer test" as a joke, would you...

Vony

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:04:53 »

Your Absolutely correct if I could edit the title I would,
Sorry

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 09:11:09 »
Must admit I never gave it a second thought.Sorry it upset you Pauline. :)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 11:06:32 »
My MIL was diagnosed with Altzheimers about 2-3 months ago and is going downhill rapidly.  It's such a cruel disease and you don't really realise much about it until you know somebody suffering from it and for that reason, Vony, try not to feel too bad, you didn't mean any harm.  Before this happened to my MIL, I can't say I ever laughed or didn't laugh at Altzheimers jokes (I don't really ever remember any!) but I do know that in our family if somebody regularly forgot something mundane & obvious, one of us used to groan, "oh, you're such an altzie!!" which of course we no longer say but didn't see the unfunny side at the time. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 14:19:04 »
I agree, I would not have liked my John who has Alzeimers to read it. he does read the posts on here and would have read this as he recently had an Alzeimers test.I guess the old adage goes..it is only funny if everyone laughs. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 16:17:20 »
[ You wouldn't have "cancer test" as a joke, would you...

Oh but we do, we do  ;D  Currently on my cancer support board....gal with dire prognosis, recently returned from H after having a breast lopped off, writes...."I've been going round in circles today......" ::) ;) ;D

We're on to Page 2 with our responses - I've just checked!

And Jeannine, I really can't agree with your old adage....is there EVER a funny that makes everyone laugh? Now there's a challenge for you!

Two extra things from me - I had a change of career when I was abt 40 and had a 3yr RMN training. Guess my son got it right when he'd ask.."so what's your funny story for  today, then, mum?" And I'd got some real humdingers which I still cherish...

All that training came in useful when my own Mum developed dementia. She was v. tidy and remained so to the end. When she was still able to live at home (with me as her 'carer') she'd nevertheless go out shopping when she could - to the fish market.  After a day or so, I'd plead..."I know WHAT you bought, I know WHEN you bought it.....but for C****t's sake tell me me WHERE you put it?"

And she'd laugh, oh! how she'd laugh...

And the smell of kippers would get stronger....

'Alzheimer's Test'?  Nah, I don't,  and haven't,  got uptight  at reading it....

Just a pity it wasn't new and I'd read it before  ;) ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 17:55:54 »
Good job it was not me, Jim or Mr. Smith posting that  thread, it would be coming up to its 5th page and we would have been shot down in flames by  nearly everybody on here.  ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2008, 18:19:17 »
Good job it was not me, Jim or Mr. Smith posting that  thread, it would be coming up to its 5th page and we would have been shot down in flames by  nearly everybody on here.  ;)

not by me, ACE....might have lit a few firecrackers but shoot you down in flames? Nah....

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 18:25:49 »
I'd say the same thing whoever wrote it - it's not really a big deal though, is it!!

Lish - as is often the case, you're right... I do know a particularly bad cancer joke. Wouldn't even put it in the Watershed!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 18:41:43 »
I'd say the same thing whoever wrote it - it's not really a big deal though, is it!!

Lish - as is often the case, you're right... I do know a particularly bad cancer joke. Wouldn't even put it in the Watershed!

so wot's the PM facility for then?..... ;)

Anyway, been talking about your Annabelle today & how she said that you'd changed Thurston's name to George....  ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 19:20:56 »
See, Hyacinth?  ;)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 19:23:12 »
OK,OK,OK Ol...so you made me laugh, OK?

There again, girls of orl ages from Bermingum are notorious for being easy... ;) ;D

Meg

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2008, 17:22:41 »
oi glad yow r from brum and me from w-ton....................
Marigold

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 17:29:53 »
oi glad yow r from brum and me from w-ton....................

Allo Ower Wench :-*

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal