Author Topic: £0.5 million yacht anyone?  (Read 1496 times)

Reetnproper

• Not So New ...
£0.5 million yacht anyone?
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:40:40 »
So in this time of credit crunch, with Governments all over the world bailing out (oops sorry I meant 'rescuing'   ;)) banks to stabilise  the world financial system, local authorities turning off street lights to reduce their leccy bills (oops I mean reducing their carbon footprints :-[), and other (or maybe even the same :o) local authorities, not to mention police forces and transport authorities, having invested (don't you just love that word  ;D) millions in Icelandic banks ( surely that must now mean that British Government now has a majority share in those banks as well  ;D) what does Hull Council think is the best news to broadcast?

Their intention to purchase a 72ft yacht, for £0.5 million, to help disadvantaged youngsters have a good time and be rewarded for their bad behaviour (Ooops. Sorry!!!!!! Done it again!  ::)) I meant to help them learn vital new skills and teamanship - afterall a diploma in sailing will get them ever such a long way ....................................................................... to the Bahamas when they've robbed a bank and need to 'disappear'  ::) 8) ;D.

Regards
A very jaded Reet xx

zipmike

Re: £0.5 million yacht anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 11:47:00 »
The North Sea in winter seems a good place for them!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 11:57:31 »
Half a million!  peanuts. Well it will be when they realise how much the bill will be to run the scheme. Don't let them sail it down this way. We have enough holigans in yellow wellies, thankyou.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 14:16:00 »
Saw that on the news last night and thought it was ludicrous.  I fully expect many houses in Hull are still in a state after last years floods.  I also saw on the news today that there is a bed shortage  at the Neo Natal unit.  The Country has gone mad but then we all know that anyways. 

Reetnproper

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 15:18:21 »
A friend just pointed out that it isn' Hull Council (apologies for casting such and outrageous slur  :P) but the Hull PCT (NHS!!!). Somehow that makes it seem even worse!!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 15:22:22 »
There are other ways of helping disadvantaged children without spending half a million pounds!   :o

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 16:17:45 »
Why do I keep thinking of the last line of the Dalesman's litany ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal