Author Topic: wife swop  (Read 2632 times)

shaun01

• Acre
wife swop
« on: November 19, 2008, 15:01:48 »
i am looking to swap the wife for a watering system for my green houses  ;D
You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
Re: wife swop
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 16:12:08 »
I could offer you a watering can which could convert wife into a watering system for your greenhouse.

My OH successfully converted me into a cleaning machine for golf clubs with the addition of a nail brush.  This was just before major damage occurred to his best putter.   ;D Surprisingly conversion was reversed.  ::)

So perhaps conversion for your wife may be a very bad suggestion if you want to keep glass in the greenhouse windows. Also I may suggest that if she reads your swop suggestion something else could get broken very quickly......Do you want to email Dan to erase the swap idea?  :-\

Tinkie_Bear

• Acre
  • D'oh !!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 17:41:12 »
Shaun, I think what you are offering is very reasonable.  My watering system is very efficient and thorough but does need carefull instructions.  I might also mention that my watering system does require a share of the harvest and f*rts occasionally.  I think having a wife would be fantastic, especially if she works as hard as I do.  Thinking about it I might not need to work as hard if my "watering system" was no longer in the house.  Don't worry about sending your wife here but please take my huband off my hands.

Many thanks

Helen

shaun01

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 19:24:21 »
seeing has no one wanted to swap i have made my own watering system i got a 45gallon drum i put some shoulder straps on it and drilled a hole at the bottom to attach a small leanth of hose the wife put it on today and i filled by the mains water tap on our site she did not do to bad she carried it about 25 yards and then her knees went and she spilled the bloody lot , never mind she can try again tomorrow

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 20:02:32 »
Wives, you just cant rely on em can you ??

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 20:07:11 »
seeing has no one wanted to swap i have made my own watering system i got a 45gallon drum i put some shoulder straps on it and drilled a hole at the bottom to attach a small leanth of hose the wife put it on today and i filled by the mains water tap on our site she did not do to bad she carried it about 25 yards and then her knees went and she spilled the bloody lot , never mind she can try again tomorrow

Poor gal....... :o

You'll have to get her some extra big wellies, at least she might catch some of the water next time ;D ;D ;D

Rotten lot us....eh? 8)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 20:38:30 »
Oh dear Shaun, I sense a sticky end for someone...... :o

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 12:40:50 »
Shaun How about being VERY brave and inviting your wife as a member of A4A??
I am sure she will get a great welcome, at east from the female members :)

shaun01

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 18:53:24 »
well you will never believe this i set my allarm to go off at 8.55 this morning to meet the wife down the allotments , she works 16 hour nights you see any how when i got there i just put 44 gallons in the drum because she was moaning yesterday about the weight so i told her if you spill any that's it i am leaving you and you should have seen her go 300 yards and she never spilt a drop i am going to put that extra gallon in tomorrow i will show her .
                                        star she dose not have much time to come on hear with work and the house cleaning she only just has enough time to run me a bath and put my tea out for when i get back from the plot and over the Xmas's holidays she dose a bit of digging and flagging down the plot i keep telling her she would be better off if she runs the 10 miles to work instead of walking the lazy pregnant dog but she says its to far ha she once asked me to take her in the car sod that my tea would get cold  ;D

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 20:16:13 »
 :o :o :o

She needs a friend.........I'll be her friend :D

Soon she will be the best husband whisperer around 8) ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal