Author Topic: what are you doing home :)  (Read 4332 times)

melann

• Not So New ...
Re: what are you doing home :)
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 11:26:41 »
im just bone idel and cant be bothered 2day:)

pippy

• Acre
  • North Notts Allotments!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 11:30:19 »
I think I am just at the point where I am starting to feel I should be getting going again.  However, with both kids down with it I might as well chill and recover my "nerves" a bit longer.  

Even when I am down with something like this I still seem to end up doing all the cooking, cleaning etc.  I've learned over time, when you have kids to have to make the most of opportunities to relax !  Otherwise I'd be a total nervous wreak by now with mine!!
Leave only footprints, take only photographs ....

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 11:40:42 »
Cleaned and seviced mi rotovator, sorted out fishing gear, love being a partimer :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 11:47:50 »
No lectures for me today, should be researching my dissertation but hey ho here I am!  ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 12:29:45 »
I normally work from home a couple of days a week, however today i'm getting ready to go to a really exciting refrigeration trade fair in Germany.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 13:10:19 »
hi i'm back after doing a few chores around the garden, i'm having a late lunch and checking A4A, i just can't help myself :-\.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 14:19:28 »
I work Tues to Fri so am bobbing in and out from the garden and allotment to the computer. Should be doing housework but hate it so here I am again...

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 16:48:18 »
Worked from 6 to 10 am cleared up kitchen, got a line of washing outcooked dinner, went to lotty emtied a compost bin ,took beans down dug a big patch over,saw a sign saying free manure so got some, just checking out the www then back to work till 7 30pm come home and fall asleep in front of corry street
well you did ask
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 18:42:26 »
Love this thread- getting an insight into everyone's day to day life (yes, I'm nosey! ;D)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 19:29:21 »
Well I went to the bank, to pay in the money from the tennis club, as I am Membership Secretary and like to keep up to date with that.  Went to Tescos to buy ingredients for a cake, I saw on Recipes 4 all.  Thought I would walk home and have a quick look at my allotment.  Ended up doing loads and loads of weeding.  Joe Swift was up there with his camera crew so had a nose, he had his children up there and was showing off his big pumpkin.  I was going to light a bonfire but as they were filming decided to do it tomorrow.  Joe Swift is OK and really he is enjoying the allotment so if anyone wants to criticise him I will defend him.  I have decided to use up all last years produce in the freezer so am making blackcurrant cake.  It tasted good before it was cooked so will let you know in 50 minutes if it is OK.  The recipe was posted by allotment_chick on March 29 2004.  I was going to polish and hoover today, but once again got side tracked.  It was a lovely evening, just right for digging, not too hot or too cold.  Picked my one pear and will try it later.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 09:06:48 »
Boots on, spade in hand, nursery beds to turn. Can't put it off any longer. I'm off.

HI HO, hi ho its off to work we go.................

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 10:29:05 »
I am doing nothing (think it is the first time in my life that I have done nothing for so long :o) as I have pneumonia and HAVE to REAST as every one keeps telling me >:( feeling well so I am off to do some Ironing (sitting down mind you) which I will probably be shouted at for by my mom (feel like I am a teenager  again though I don't think I ever got shouted at for doing the ironing not doing it maby  ;D) I like this thread I hope it keeps going (not that I am nosy or any thing  ;D ::) ;D )

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2008, 11:11:44 »
I work part-time and irregular hours!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2008, 12:19:26 »
This time, I'm in work and using you guys to maintain my sanity!
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

pennsylvannia planters

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2008, 12:27:52 »
Had a lazy morning (my sister has my boy), picked up some eggs from our lotty neighbours.
Decided to have a quick bath, 30 minutes later got out of it and hung my GYO magazine to dry out.
Feeling tired now so am going to put in lord of the rings and lay on the sofa.
Sometimes i love rainy days. ;D

richanddebs

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2008, 12:37:43 »
Second day off work with this chest bug that seems to be going round. Had nothing else to do so was reading the fortnightly diary on 'down the lane' site and came across link to this site, read all your comments and thought I would join. Off to look around the rest of the site now and then pick wife up from work and son from school. Will ten go to bed with hot water bottle and see if am better for work tomorrow. Rich

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2008, 13:45:06 »
Welcome to the site, Rich, hope you will be feeling better very soon.  We're a friendly bunch here (mostly  ::))
The Tuscan Beaneater

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2008, 14:58:41 »
Oooh, had forgotten down the lane, thanks for the reminder and welcome Rich!

;)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2008, 15:14:14 »
I'm listening to the piano tuner tuning the piano - can't do the hoovering until he has finished :D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2008, 15:33:36 »
Not long back from work.Had my flu jab this morning.Yuk.

Fed the dogs .Thought about doing housework.Put the computer on instead.

The dogs eyes are boring into the back of my head.They want walkies.How long can I hold out? :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal