Author Topic: Seed addiction S.A.A  (Read 22391 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Seed addiction S.A.A
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 11:35:19 »
Oh you poor souls, my heart goes out to anyone who is addicted to anything.. but seeds..oh dear. I do have a few myself, but addicted..NOT.

Great idea for a thread though, seems it is needed.

Ah bless, I shall  keep you all in my houghts.

Sad.

I am so glad I am in control

XX Jeannine

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 12:14:42 »
Stop tempting me, Duke!!!!
Any more in my collection and I shall be the Imelda Marcos of wellington boots ;D

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 13:24:26 »
Small confession re the depths of my seed addiction.

I went to Bergerac on holiday in September. I arrived at around 11am, picked up the car from the airport. My first packet of seeds were purchased at 12.47 at LeClerc home/garden store.

My excuse was it was next to LeClerc supermarket where we needed to stock up on essentials. My OH was to say the least bemused. He has pointed out his golfing addiction is much less serious.

Throughout the hols whenever we saw somewhere that looked like it did anything on gardening lines we stopped ..........just for a look  ::). I eventually came home with 2kg of different boxes of bean seeds (climbing, dwarf etc), three packets of tomato seeds, 2 packets squash seeds (couldn't find much I didn't have) and some red coloured lettuce which I found I already had a packet of at home.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 14:26:07 »
.... 2kg of different boxes of bean seeds (climbing, dwarf etc),....

Don't suppose you picked up any Fortex or Emerite?  :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 21:04:43 »
I thought I was being really restrained.....then the Plants of Distinction Catalogues dropped through the letterbox.    ::)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 22:37:07 »
Oh you poor souls, my heart goes out to anyone who is addicted to anything.. but seeds..oh dear. I do have a few myself, but addicted..NOT.

Sad.

XX Jeannine

well if your not addicted then no way am i

lbb

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2008, 10:14:47 »
I thought I was being really restrained.....then the Plants of Distinction Catalogues dropped through the letterbox.    ::)

G x

...closely followed by Tuckers new catalogue yesterday....! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 10:22:24 »

Sad.

XX Jeannine

well if your not addicted then no way am i

lbb

Hahaha! Jeannine, you're just in denial. The first step is admitting you have a problem!

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 10:48:06 »
And of course, you're not a seedaholic, are you Ollie  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
The Tuscan Beaneater

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 10:52:45 »
I'll have you know that my habit is down to 4 (huge) shoe boxes at the moment!!! One of the lids even closes too. And the bag with peas from woolie's sale doesn't count because.... because... oh it just doesn't, okay!

And I've discovered something great - saved garlic & shallots don't count either because they're not seeds.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2008, 12:53:12 »
Ok OK..so I may have a small problem..but I am saving seeds for the environment and to better the world as a whole so that doesn't count does it.. if they are not for me !!!!

So if it is fessing up time , come on then, how many is a lot? I bet I am low on the list if everyone is honest.

Come on Ruud own up re your toms , and Biscombe with your chillies.

All my seeds have been packed in a crate along with other stuff to go to Canada with me,then yesterday I got some very rare seeds, now too late to pack so they are going to travel with me.. I figure they may search my baggage so they are  going in my bra.... and before you ask they are small seeds!!!! Is that the sign of an addiction, I always thought it was safe place to pack precious things..it works well for cuttings too!!

Ollie, you are right peas and beans don't count...you could be using them as dry beans for food, same goes for onions, etc.

Anyway, I have not bought 1 thing from all the seed catalogues that are popping up now..mind you I am packing the catalogues!!!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 21:40:52 »

G x

...closely followed by Tuckers new catalogue yesterday....! ;D

Tuckers, why dont i have that one, i want that one.
lbb

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2008, 21:47:13 »
I'll have you know that my habit is down to 4 (huge) shoe boxes at the moment!!!

Gosh, lucky for you you have big feet - you wouldn't get many seed packets into Annabelle's shoe boxes  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Tuscan Beaneater

ninnyscrops

• Hectare
  • Doing what comes naturally......in West Sussex
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2008, 22:01:00 »
I'll have you know that my habit is down to 4 (huge) shoe boxes at the moment!!!

Gosh, lucky for you you have big feet - you wouldn't get many seed packets into Annabelle's shoe boxes  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Am rethinking shoebox here now instead of my usual filing tray for these scarlets.  ;D  ;D

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t87/ninnyscrops/DSCF1437.jpg

Ninnyscrops

If I ever get it all right - then that's the time to quit.

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2008, 01:35:44 »
As many of you know I do not have a seed problem but I have been seen carefully putting seeds in little bags for redistribution. Does that make me a pusher?

If home grown garlic cloves, peas and beans do not count then nor should carrot, parsnip, cabbage, et all for similar reasons. My current "must have" list stands at just over £50 which is a tiddly amount working out at less than £1 a week. You can't be an addict if spending less on seed than tea.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2008, 10:11:12 »
As many of you know I do not have a seed problem but I have been seen carefully putting seeds in little bags for redistribution. Does that make me a pusher?

;D ;D ;D
I would be guilty too then....no one dares have a tomato in this house without checking with me first if they need to save the seeds or not!! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2008, 10:30:31 »
My name is Sawfish, and I'm a seedaholic.

Last night I got up in the middle of the night and sneaked on to the internet to look at the Tuckers site etc etc as I was so excited by their seed catalogue. Didn't get to bed till 3.30am

I've been going mad this last month and ordered from 7 different companies. I have over 200 packets of seeds in my seedbox.  :-[

Seedaholism is no laughing matter!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:35:48 by sawfish »

mummybunny

• Hectare
  • Loves the lottie
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2008, 12:42:37 »
Help im now collecting shoe boxs to put my seeds in!  ;D

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2008, 17:39:24 »
Talking of shoe boxes, yesterday at the allotment we cleaned out the hut and my girlfriend forced me to compost about 10 spare shoe boxes I had hidden at the back.

I dont know what was going on in my mind, was I actually thinking that one day I might fill them all with seeds?

Whats wrong with me?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 17:42:46 by sawfish »

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2008, 18:27:19 »
Shame about that, sawfish, mummybunny could have filled them easily  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The Tuscan Beaneater

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal