Author Topic: your opinion please on my rotovator (did a silly thing)  (Read 1345 times)

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
your opinion please on my rotovator (did a silly thing)
« on: October 05, 2008, 10:10:47 »
hi all,

2 days ago i started to rotovate my plot, first block i did no problem.
yesterday started to do another but i did a very stupid thing yep forgot to check the oil!!! :o.
So i started her up no problem then when she was working it started to struggle as  the ground was hard but it was soft after the rain we had,so i stopped the engine thinking about the oil, i kicked myself when i checked dry!!. so i went to the garage and got some oil poured it in, tried to pull and yep i could not move it, im hoping ive been luky and i may be able to un seaze the engine advise would be great.
ive been told to remove the head puor loads of wd40 around the piston head, remove all the fly wheel assy then get a good socket bar with a 19mm socket then give it some., its a briggs engine 5hp
today i will be growin veg!!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
Re: your opinion please on my rotovator (did a silly thing)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 10:31:59 »
 Steve, I think you know that your rotovator is K-nackered, if you need an engine give me a shout I can put you in touch with someone that might have an engine, if you look on e-bay there are a couple of 5hp B&S engines for auction,
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:36:23 by Mr Smith »

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 13:45:18 »
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa har!!!!  im a lucky boy engine has sufferd no damage what so ever and is now free running ;D, the big test is to follow in the next hour start it up!! :-\

Thegoodlife

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 16:31:02 »
Done it,  Runs ok works well no bovver!! ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal