Author Topic: mid-night scent  (Read 1761 times)

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
mid-night scent
« on: August 22, 2004, 00:18:05 »
Hi,
Anybody know that there a plant that bud only open in the mid-night. An only least a few hours. But your room will left with full scent till morning.
They're one of our chinese famous plant. great scent great flower.I had it 6 year first time it ever success the bud come out,(it always dry out when it was tiny )still not open yet.I'll show you that when it's open.I have to sit and wait till mid-night to see what happen.  

« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 22:21:41 by yuetlee »

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re:mid-night scent
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2004, 22:45:35 »
Hi Sharon, I am intrigued by this plant, what is it called and can we buy it in the UK? I imagine it prefers a warmer climate than that of the UK but wouldn't mind giving it a go. ;)
I like experimenting with tender plants especially of the tropical kind, not that I have much success, but when I do, it is very gratifying. :)

Roy ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 22:46:51 by Roy Bham UK »

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re:mid-night scent
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 23:19:18 »
Hi Roy,
Sorry I don't know what the English name for these. And I never saw it in the garden centre. This one was I brought it in 6 year ago from Hong Kong.
It had a lovely Chinese name which mean "only that flash moment" so think don't last long or person that only show up a second that disappear. I'm still waiting for mine to flower yet. But I have been seem one that was flower and it made the whole room was full of perfume,it was really great scent

yuet

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal