Author Topic: Senior moment - sowing Tagetes  (Read 4975 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Re: Senior moment - sowing Tagetes
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2008, 20:34:51 »
Didn't get to check them till yesterday afternoon. they appear to be fine with the beginning of their true leaves observed.

i know its early to say, but i think if this succeeds i may do this every year ie: try and sow the flowers for the vege garden in autumn (at least those that can be sown) as it will be one less thing to try and do early spring.

Hey that's great.   :)  Do let us know if you try any other experiments - we're a nosy lot!   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2008, 01:42:48 »
Hey that's great.   :)  Do let us know if you try any other experiments - we're a nosy lot!   ;D
G x

so i gathered but it is all for a good cause ie the passing on of knowledge, so i don't mind :D.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2008, 20:37:09 »

Quick update.  Eight out of 10 of the seeds germinated.  Two weeks on they all had true leaves so they were pricked out into individual 9cm pots yesterday.  I put 5 pots in a gravel-lined tray in the 'sunny' mini greenhouse and the remaining 3 in the other mini greenhouse which is more shady.  They survived the night.   :)

G x

Grrr!  Checked the plants again today and 2 out of 3 in the shady greenhouse had been eaten by baby slugs - found 'em under the pots.  >:(

So I've put the survivor in with the 5 plants in the other greenhouse (having checked it carefully for slugs first). 

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal