Author Topic: roundabout seed swap  (Read 22217 times)

trinity

• Acre
roundabout seed swap
« on: October 01, 2008, 08:08:49 »
I have an idea for a new type of seed swap (have partisapated in them for craft items) the way it goes is that the first person picks out five packets of there favirite seeds and sends them to the next person who keeps 3 of them and adds 3 new packests and sends them to the next person this type of seed swap can go on for ever and people can partisapate more than once. I would like to start this
 if any one would like to be envolved then will you post and if there is enough interest I will start the swap.
I think how it would work best is that you post on hear saying you want to be envolved and when you get the swap you PM the next person to post and ask them for there address to send the swap to them ;D

trinity

• Acre
Re: roundabout seed swap
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 18:57:31 »
Thought it was a good idea bot no one wants to play :'(

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 19:43:15 »
Hi Trinity.  Fair play to you for introducing a new idea for a seed swap.  I'm sorry that you have had no interest so far but I'd give it time; the boards are fairly quiet at the moment.

The reason I haven't signed up is that I have a very small garden and I've pretty much got all the seeds I need for next year already.  The rules you suggest are use too restrictive for me.  If I received 5 packets of seeds I very much doubt it would contain 3 packets which I want/could use so there just wouldn't be any point.  That said, this type of swap might be ideal for those just starting out or those with much larger plots.  Please don't lose hope.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 19:45:51 »
Sorry Trinity,I meant to reply and forgot.

I will start you off as I need lots of flower seeds at the moment. :)

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 20:11:27 »
I'll play Trinity! It sounds like a good idea to me.
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 20:45:41 »
Don't want to hijack your idea Trinity, good on ya for giving it a go!  I can see what Georgie means though.  Would it work just as well if you could take any number from 0 to 5 packs out as long as you put the same number back?  So if there was nothing you fancied you'd just send the parcel on and if you wanted them all, you put 5 new packs in.  Or have I completely missed the point, which is entirely probable!  ;)

Presumably they don't have to be new unopened packets of seed - you can make up your own packs? 

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 07:58:23 »
yes it would work however many you take out as long as you put the same back( as long as you don't put in 5 packs of carrots ::) ) in you you could put in any types of seeds. you could even put in very small amounts of a couple of seed varieties for 1 of the "packs" the idea is that it goes around and round with a reasonably low cost for postage and the varieties that you have to grow gets increased should have said that 3 packs in 3 packs out was an example ::)

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 09:54:14 »
well then count me in  :)

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 11:13:53 »
Yep, I'm up for that too... ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 12:11:17 »
OK I know there is only 4 replies (or Is that 5 are you joining in Ceres ???) but that's enough to get started and hopefully more people will join in as we go I will pm betula and the packet will be posted as soon as I have her address ;D

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 18:46:35 »
Yes, count me in too please Trinity!

thifasmom

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 22:19:16 »
how are we sorting out addresses, do we pm you our addresses, or are you writing a list of participants and as i goes to one their name is crossed with them contacting the next person on the list to get an address and so on  ???.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 09:32:12 »
Hi thifasmom the way addreses are going to work is the swap will go round in the order that we post
eg I am starting the swap and betula was the next person who posted who wanted to be in the swap so I have PMd her and asjed for her to send PM me her address which she has so I will be sending it to her Flighty was the next to post so when betula has the swap she will PM Flighty asking for an address and so on. the list at the moment is
trinity
betula
Flighty
ceres
thifasmom
cozncob
then whoever posts next  ;D

thifasmom

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 10:59:50 »
right, thanks for clearing that up for me, look foward to my turn  :).

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 15:13:47 »
Would love to join if thats okay?  :)

Love seed swaps and you get to try things you probably wouldn't go out and buy for yourself - sometimes of course because you haven't heard of them before.

Solorn

• Quarter Acre
  • The Worlds Only 6ft Gnome
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2008, 17:46:33 »
I'm up for it. I think it would be a nice way for me to make more contacts on the forum as I'm a newbie.

jayc1978

• Not So New ...
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2008, 17:24:43 »
Count me in to. I agree with solorn it seems a nice way to get to know people on the forum.

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 11:52:48 »
the posting list is now
betular
flighty
ceres
thefasmom
cozencob
suzanne
solorn
jayc1978
any one is welcome to join in the more the better then we can keep it going  ;D you can join in more than once if you like I know I will be if we can get this going ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008, 18:41:56 »
Back from my hols.Great weather.Have Pm flighty for address. ;D

anemone

• Half Acre
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 19:38:40 »
I'd like to play too please :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal