Author Topic: Rubble  (Read 924 times)

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Rubble
« on: September 28, 2008, 11:06:37 »
I have just broken down an old brick compost pit - it was in the wrong place & had a solid bottom. I have used the bricks for paving but am now left with all the broken bits & the old concrete which held it all together, can I use this as the bottom of a mound covered with grass for a wild area, will probably put something like buddlia or honeysuckle on the top

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
Re: Rubble
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 01:28:46 »
I had to smile when I read your post - when I first moved in here 25 years ago I dug up enough 'house-seeds' from the borders to build an extension. I slung them all in a corner. When the time came to shift them I realised I'd nowhere else to put them. I'd always wanted a rockery, so...

I slung a load of soil over them, dotted a few well placed large boulders around (also from the borders - honestly, the garden sank about two feet after they'd been removed!) and planted herbs. It's still there and still going strong. Oh, and the drainage is great.

And for anyone here growing Pineapple Sage from swops, it's where the Grandaddy plant was born!

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: Rubble
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 08:46:08 »
Thanks - I have masses of grass with soil on to find a home for & an ancient packet or two of wild flower seeds, this could be interesting.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal