Author Topic: I'm gutted  (Read 2095 times)

oakmore2

• Half Acre
  • Rabbit surveillance officer
I'm gutted
« on: October 08, 2008, 14:31:21 »
Just been down the allotment for a bit of therapeutic digging, to find a police forensics expert checking everything for fingerprints. Some B*&$&*ds have been and smashed up 15 sheds on our site (including mine) but weirdly have only stolen one strimmer, nothing else.

I'm most gutted that they've not bothered to use any of the gates and have squashed my fence clambering over it - it was expensive and took me, my brother and my OH flippin' ages to put that fence up (we have a big rabbit problem) and they've just trashed it in minutes.

B*&$&*ds.

Silver lining - they didn't trample on my newly planted brassicas  ::).

Solorn

• Quarter Acre
  • The Worlds Only 6ft Gnome
Re: I'm gutted
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 16:20:02 »
Thats horrible. *big hugs* When I got the keys to my lottie on Saturday I was told never to lock my shed due to thieves. If you lock the shed they think you have something really worth it in there and they trash it. It's a sad and sorry thing when this happens. I'm determined that if anyone comes near my plot I am going to shoot them with a spud gun. Is there anything we can help with?

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 19:29:02 »
oh b****r thats sad news,when did it happen,they mustve been there for a while to damage so many sheds the little b******s...good that the police seem to be taking it seriously..not that they can do undo the damage...sending you and your fellow plot holders a huge cyber hug,and good growing to your brassicas rach
x

when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 19:56:10 »
Our local Police could not be bothered to get off their backsides from supping tea to even write a report when we had six shed break-ins this year they did'nt even come near the allotments :'(

trinity

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 19:57:51 »
not quite the same thing but I went to my Lotty this morning only to find that my kettle had been stolen ( it cost 20p at a boot sale!) I don't have my shed up yet which I am quite glad about as nearly every shed has been broken in to and the kettles have been stolen they left petrol strimmers/rotovators garden tools camping stoves and even a electric drill ??? ??? ???
all I can think is that they need to boil a lot of water ;D ::) ::) ::)
( I know they will be scraping them in >:()

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 21:34:50 »
so sorry to hear this. Not much comfort to you right now but I'm convinced these people get their just deserts in some way, shame you don't know when or how.

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 21:50:07 »
ARRGH >:(, stop the world I'm ready to get off!!

oakmore2

• Half Acre
  • Rabbit surveillance officer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 10:14:40 »
Thanks everyone for all of your kind words and cyber hugs. Am sure they won't catch anyone, but it sounds as though we're lucky that our police force are actually taking it seriously.

Never mind, I guess we're lucky they didn't take much (assuming they didn't come back last night of course...not sure I can face going to have a look!).

xx

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 18:52:01 »
Sorry to hear this Oakmore, I had some veg nicked last week but smashing up the sheds is far worse, barstards.  >:( >:( >:(
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Lottie103

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 19:47:18 »
B*******! People that do this are the pits  >:(  I have a mini shed that is unlocked & just has basic digging tools in but I'm dreaming of a proper shed / greenhouse. It just seems like an invite to our local yobs tho. We were at our plot last weekend & heard the sound of breaking glass. Eeejit kids had trashed the gate to the plot 2 down from us and were lobbing stones at the greenhouse. They ran off when they realised they had been seen but we've been waiting for a visit to our plot since. I always go down there with the expectation that we'll have been done. Only a matter of time I'm sure  ::)

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 20:08:22 »
we had 10 sheds broken into about 3 years ago because we live in the corner of the plots we heard it so I rang the police as OH spied through the beans when I was on the phone reporting it they asked if they were armed I explained the basic contents of a allotment shed knives spades forks the odd sythe !! they sent a riot van finally caught them couldnt prove they broke in but one had a little wacky bacca so he got done for that!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal