Author Topic: Message for the Great Gardner  (Read 8793 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: Message for the Great Gardner
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2008, 11:40:40 »
Sorry but I think the whole thing is disgusting.  Tgg didn't start this thread. And when has pointing out spelling mistakes ever been acceptable on A4A?  Utterly disgraceful behaviour all round.

Why even look up what he meant when you know it is going to be offensive?

Believe it or not Dan does a bloody good job of sorting out complaints,if they are made to him.  Nips it in the bud.

I was alerted to this post...I thought it was going to be fun but sadly not. I'm sick of posts like these and they always involve the same people .  All as bad as each other

I used to love coming on here,have had some wonderful laughs and have made some really good friends. But no more,it's a horrible place to be now.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2008, 11:45:00 »
Maybe he's into surfing? There was a surfing event called a Billabong recently that would work with the B & B e.g. http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/content/articles/2008/09/23/surfing_billabongsurfchampresults_feature.shtml

Sponsored by the clothing company I assume.

I don't know why I'm posting on this thread it's only gone to end badly! :-\

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2008, 12:01:27 »
Chill out Heldi. I think most people are ready to let this drop now, it's become a little tired as a subject...

But please understand - there's nothing wrong with winding up a troll!

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2008, 12:12:44 »
Mmm.. I've been thinking of bringing this and one or two other threads to Dan's attention. There seems to be a lot of gratuitous nastiness going on, on the one hand, and extreme huffiness at some perfectly "normal" replies on the other.

I don't know that I'd agree that it is a horrible place but I do think some folk need to chill and take themselves a bit less seriously? we kind of lose sight of why we're here sometimes.

No doubt someone will be along shortly to tell me that this is a load of old codswallop! ;)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2008, 12:29:46 »
It is indeed a load of old codswallop. TGG is just indulging his penchant for prooking everyone, that's all. He's very good at it. I can't remember why I unignored him, but he's going straight back on the 'ignore' button.

On the other hand, it has to be said that he didn't start this thread, which I think was ill-advised, as it was bound to get a response eventually.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2008, 12:33:25 »
I can't remember why I unignored him, but he's going straight back on the 'ignore' button.

Me neither & me too! Let's try to make this the jolly place it used to be!

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2008, 13:17:13 »
 :-\

Right then, so we all ignore the perp and that's it. Thread over? Please?

:-X

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2008, 13:18:38 »
:-\

Right then, so we all ignore the perp and that's it. Thread over? Please?

:-X

As far as I'm concerned anything to do with TGG is over. He's on "ignore".
The Tuscan Beaneater

thegreatgardener

• Acre
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2008, 13:50:16 »
Jeannine a truce it is in interest of all. I will wait and see if you all keep it. Since you all started this round so it is your job to start the truce.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2008, 14:27:29 »
Jeannine a truce it is in interest of all. I will wait and see if you all keep it. Since you all started this round so it is your job to start the truce.

[attachment=1]
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2008, 16:34:31 »
Well  it seems I have had my reply, I tried, I failed and now I agree with the others.. The ignore button is the only way to go.

Now going to send this one to Dan too as I think it needs to be put to bed.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2008, 16:58:58 »
ALL...

I have watched this thread and others with suprise.

Allotments4All and the members used to pride itself on the welcome provided to everyone (the 4All gives a clue as to my thoughts).

Disputes with happen, as they do in any community, but sadly in an online community people find it easier to continue arguing.  I have provided an ignore button for a reason, not many people use it, but I advise that you do.

I run the forum with a light touch, but as a few people can verify, when needed I can and do moderate users posts, ban people for a period of days, prevent people from posting, or even as a last resort ban people for good.

Please try to let any arguments / disagreements go, and if you can not, then click ignore.

Thanks

Dan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal