Author Topic: And I Thought Gros Meant Ugly  (Read 3673 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: And I Thought Gros Meant Ugly
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 21:10:06 »
of course they're you're favourites Jeannine! They're your blooming seeds! So A BIG THANKS to you too  ;D

Cheers
RT

;D ;D ;D You do make me laugh, Jeannine and I hope you can raise a smile too?

Smashing squashes RT. 8) Many congrats.

btw.....are little underdevloped ones edible, anyone? Jeannine sent me a couple of Woppa Brian's Jumbo seeds - one rotted off, one plant survived. On that plant, one squash got munched by slugs and the remaining one is still small, bout 6" diameter? and doubt it will get much bigger now. So..edible or decoration?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 21:31:54 »
Oh you , I am laughing now, I really had forgotten, but I am so glad I sent them.

Lish..what is this Hyacinth thingy, have I missed something somewhere or am I under much more strain than I thought

Yes eat the under done ones just like courgettes, even the tiny ones, seeds and all.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 22:36:42 »
I'm so pleased RT raised a smile for you tonight J and thanks for the advice about what is surely the Littlest Pumkin (remember that? ::) ;D)

I am now, officially, the Bucket Lady - geddit?

(not that the 'real' Hyacinth would ever admit to shopping at the Co-op, of course..)

xxx

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 20:39:05 »
I can just picture you with lace trimmed bloomers in your wellies and your wedding hat... now I am really laughing. Oh the littlest pumpkin, why don't we have daft threads like that anymore..like Trixies Christmas trip, the nicknames for lottie folks and the hilarious adventures  to get the manure from the farm with the one legged chicken and THE family ..da da daa da daa..right out of the movie.

Come on Roo and Lish..get a new thread and get one going.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal