Author Topic: Pumpkins for my Wedding  (Read 3456 times)

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
Re: Pumpkins for my Wedding
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2008, 22:01:01 »
Be careful if you use Turks Turban, it could end up looking like a baboons rear end on your table.

;) ;D

amphibian

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 20:38:53 »
Have seen but never tried growing miniture white pumpkins (Baby Boo) which would make a great contrast with the Orange.

Peter

Where's the best place to get seeds for Baby Boo?

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

amphibian

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2008, 11:40:54 »
See now you've gone and done it, I've had to place an order myself this morning... ::) ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2008, 18:17:38 »
See now you've gone and done it, I've had to place an order myself this morning... ::) ;D
yeah me too, but please dont tell anyone on the sas thread lol

peter H

• Not So New ...
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2008, 20:07:36 »
We got all our seeds from them this year, and they were the best we have bought anywhere.  Cut our Rouge D'Etampes & Galeaux D'Eysines for curing today, best harvest we have ever had.  Best find some recipes fast.

Peter

ugly gourd

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2008, 21:13:28 »
I agree ornamental gourds look lovely I let mine ramble over my boundery fence. We went to a wedding two weeks ago and the brides bouquet was red roses red berries and millet and it looked lovely and the table decoratinos had apples in and ears of corn

mark45

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 17:17:33 »
Good Afternoon all,

I am getting Married next October, and we would like to use seasonal flowers and colours as much as we can.  And what more seasonal can you get than the lovely oranges of Pumpkins!

We were thinking of using the pumpkins as the focal points of the centre peices on the tables.  We will provide the pumpkins to our florist who will use them and decorate them with an assortment of flowers and berries.

I have never grown Pumpkins though, so any advice would be much appreciated.  We will have 10 guest tables, so 10 nice sized pumpkins for them.  We were also thinking of maybe having a few pumpkins placed around the venue to give it all a nice theme throughout the day and evening.

I have a few questions on them:

What variety would be best? 
How much space is needed to grow them? 
When should I start preparing the plot space for them?
Is there any special tricks to growing them and getting them a really nice orange colour and good round shape?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to grow the best pumpkins for it.

Cheers,

Ian.

sorry to hear that lol,only messing lol

mark45

• Half Acre
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2008, 17:22:42 »
lol anyone getting married more local to me i do a nice white dove release for weddings and anyother ocassions, take a look at my website www.markswhitedoverelease.co.uk 

good luck have a grate day if you and your partner will be half as happy as my wife and i you will be ok,have a wonderfull day.

mark
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 17:24:32 by mark45 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal