Author Topic: willow twigs  (Read 1423 times)

debster

• Hectare
willow twigs
« on: September 10, 2008, 22:23:14 »
does anyone have an unsprayed un treated willow tree that they would be willing to trim some twigs off for me that i could use for my parrot, willow is the best as it is safe and flexible and can be manipulated into shapes

i would of course pay postage and packing  ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: willow twigs
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 22:32:10 »
I have a willow hedge in my garden. I planted the withies to make a fence and they grew.  ::) I chop it regularly and it needs doing now so if you would like to pm me Debster I will happily oblige ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 13:45:09 »
Is he going to be weaving baskets for Christmas pressies Debs?!  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 19:03:39 »
funny you should say that Trixiebelle but the twigs are often woven into garlands etc with wild flowers etc so that the birds can chew materials that are natural for them
 ;D

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:29:05 »
ooh Maggie the willow twigs arrived today and they are awesome thank you, i am gonna give him some later and ill take some piccies, thank you so much i see how much i owe you for postage but how much for packing, this should be plenty for now but maybe i could prevail on you in the future if that is ok
thanks again
debs

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 19:01:17 »
well here is the little fella and he loves the willow, the budgies have nabbed a piece too he is normally terrified of new things but not this

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 20:16:22 »
he does look happy, why not stick a couple of the sticks in a pot of compost to root and give your self a regular supply.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 21:10:16 »
He's a beaut Debs. Hope he respects your carpets ;D.
If you do pot a twig up, it will probably take, but they do grow quickly. Mine are getting the poison treatment  tomorrow as they cannot be dug out (by me) now, and that's only two years on. I will still be able to supply you with twigs though, as there are plenty nearby. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 22:29:53 »
respect my carpets youre having a laugh, he does a pooh then says dirty bird
the birds are really loving the willow, never known them like it with any other twig before its strange. i may try and pot one or may take a bit off one to try, not got masses of room in the garden though but thanks again you can see how happy he is lol  ;D

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 23:00:00 »
I have a lady who treks down here from the other side of London once a year in the winter to pick up my apple tree prunings for her house rabbits.  It's like chocolate to rabbits - or willow to parrots!  No apple trees in Islington apparently.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal