Author Topic: meat loaf  (Read 2779 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
meat loaf
« on: August 17, 2004, 16:14:10 »
And I don't mean that rather large hairy bat out of hell chap!  ;D  Oh, and I would post on recipes 4 all, but still it isn't working properly!  I will try tho.

Just playing really, don't know what it will be like until Ava and I have it for dinner tonite, so will report back later.

1Ib mince - I used beef, but why not try lamb
tomato puree
onion
shallots
french beans
seasoning of choice
2 eggs

Chop and cook the onion real slowely until it is soft.  Leave to cool.  

Clean shallots - a handful - and fry in olive oil until slightly caramalised.  Leave to cool.

Blanch a handful of french beans.  Leave to cool.

Line a loaf tin with foil and lightly oil.

Now, squelch together the mince, lots of seasoning and fresh herbs with the eggs and the onions.  Divide into 3.

Press a layer of the meat mix in the bottom of the loaf tin.  Scatter the shallots on top.  Carefully press a layer of the meat over the shallots, trying to seal the sides to encase them.  Next throw over the blanched french beans.  Carefully press the top layer of mince mix over the top, again trying to seal the sides.

Press down and fold the foil over.  Don't know but I may use a weight to keep the meatloaf compressed during cooking.  And I will probably give it  an hour to an hour and a half in a moderate over.

Serve hot with hot veggies, or cold with salad maybe?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal