Author Topic: FAO TEE GEE  (Read 1891 times)

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
FAO TEE GEE
« on: August 30, 2008, 13:47:11 »
Was in my mates garden this morning having a look at what might go to Harrogate.

[attachment=1]
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
Re: FAO TEE GEE
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 14:18:06 »
oh this picture thts me back when I was a child there was a chap who had alottie near to my grandads and he grew paper bags as well!!!lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 17:31:50 »
Thanks for the thought Dave!

These pictures take me back to over ten years ago when I had to rig up covers and bag my blooms.

Its not till I see pictures such at these that I wish I hadn't given up but needs must I had to ............the blood pressure wouldn't cope with the suspense :'(

I had planned to go to Harrogate this year but I am waiting to go into hospital for an operation so I have put the visit on hold.

If I get done and dusted before then and I feel OK, I will still go, I think it is the best show around.

Its the show where all the societies exhibit their 'summers work' all at the one time. Each of the benches make me drool :o as I see what can be done with all manner of plants.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 17:40:58 »
Another friend is showing there and the nationals Paul Harmer he was last years nationals winner with sprays. This year he is going for carnations. H just wiped the board with them at a show. Gues who forgot the cammara with leeks benched at 360cms.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 17:54:43 »
I've got a raised bed, thank you, Dan!!

Great photo, Davy. Reminds me of when I thought I might make a second career in smallholding, & grew spray Chrysanths for market!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal