Author Topic: Courgette Worries  (Read 974 times)

blythvalley

• Not So New ...
Courgette Worries
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:18:31 »
After spending the past month or so desperately trying to think of new exciting ways to cook my multitude of courgettes (and marrows  :( ) and avoiding my other half's subtle hints that he would appreciate a change maybe, I went to the allotment yesterday after 4 days away to find no courgettes!!  The leaves on the larger 2 plants have started to pale with a few yellow edges but there are what look like the beginnings of a few flowers on the top.  Is this the end of my courgettes?  Or are they having a little rest?  This is my first year allotmenting so I any help would be fantastic.

On the up side my butternut squashes are looking very happy, with 3 squashes on each so far and one that should be ready in a few weeks.

Grant

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re: Courgette Worries
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:53:48 »
Does sound like your plants have exhausted them selves.  Our Yellow ones have done the same they were in pots but some late ones in the ground are just starting to give us some fruits.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 10:02:38 »
Mine have slowed down considerably so I'm giving them a seaweed feed today and hoping it might give them a boost? Nothing to lose..

nittynora

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 21:40:17 »
Ours are slowing down too.........

Thank goodness! ;D

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:11:19 »
Have you seen any black magic symbols on your plot?

Could be that your other half put a vodoo curse on them so that he could have some carrots and cabbage for a change.

Give them some tomato feed in the watering can

blythvalley

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 08:54:30 »
Thank you all, it's reassuring to know that I haven't damaged them in some way, although I am a little disappointed that I didn't save a big one for a marrow wine experiment.  I'll see how they go over the next few weeks then clear them to make way for my garlic, pak choi etc.

No Black Magic as yet PH, although I will keep am eye out for anything suspicious, like a quick swipe from his boot on the way past!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal