Author Topic: Downing Street petitions  (Read 1695 times)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Downing Street petitions
« on: August 20, 2008, 10:22:35 »
I vaguely seem to remember putting my name to this petition, this is the reply I got ...

You signed a petition asking the Prime Minister to "Make Jeremy Clarkson
Prime Minister."

The Prime Minister's Office has responded to that petition and you can view
it here:

http://www.number10.gov.uk/Page16590

Prime Minister's Office

Petition information - http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PMClarkson/

If you would like to opt out of receiving further mail on this or any other
petitions you signed, please email optout@petitions.pm.gov.uk
The Tuscan Beaneater

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Downing Street petitions
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 10:30:56 »
So that's what they spend our taxes on.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 11:40:48 »
Oh, that's not bad! I think you'll find they spend considerably more of our taxes on illegal wars and paranoid vanity projects such as ID cards.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 11:44:49 »
Thank god for a bit of humour - a laugh in the face of adversity (and they don't come much more adverse than Mr Broon) used to be one us Brits' defining characteristics

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 13:01:45 »
I thought it was a great reply 8)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 14:16:32 »
I have a theory on Downing street petitions. More a tracking system. I stay away from them. One day when they decide on another way of raising revenue. you can bet computors/email addressess/wifi or something along those lines will be taxed. I will play safe and keep my head down below the wall.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 19:01:54 »
The Tuscan Beaneater

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 21:02:29 »
OMG - so many self important prats who can't appreciate civil servants having a sense of humour and the techie skills to do it!! How long would it actually take to produce that video? Not long. And instead of the usual laboured response to email petitions this one is light and  fun.
Don't knock it.

Also it is easy to confuse Gordon Brown's (GB) premiership with world conditions. We're a global economy now - there is a limit to what he and his government can change.

I for one dread the return of the conservatives. David C comes over as a pleasant but slightly feckless young man.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 21:16:05 »
It's a shame we can't have different opinions without resorting to personal insults.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 21:23:02 »
That was a brilliant description of David C and I hope you don't mind if I use it - pleasant but slightly feckless.............absolutely spot on!

By the way I was extremely happy with No10's humour on this subject and not oversurprised by the little "c's" attack.

Gosh I believe I may have nailed my colours to the mast for once  :o

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 21:42:40 »
pleasant but slightly feckless

Isn't that... er... Nice but dim?

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 21:53:51 »
Yes but much more sophisticated.

still chuckling.... ;D

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 22:04:42 »
Hear, hear grawc! Civil servants and politicians are never going to be able to please everyone but at least we live in a democracy where we are able to air our views. Those who complain about them would do well to remember that some countries don't give their citizens the chance.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 22:47:27 »
It's a shame we can't have different opinions without resorting to personal insults.
Sorry C! This wasn't about what you had said, but the response in Asbean's link to the BBC news by the Conservatives. I am so fed up with politicians leaping for the jugular on the least and most whimsical of excuses.
 And "But the Tories said it showed the government had lost  touch with reality" just epitomised for me  their ( [and other politicians' and journalists' ) whole "storm in a teacup" approach to life that wastes time, lives and taxes.

It was not aimed at you and I defend my right to call politicians "self-important prats"!!

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 22:49:29 by grawrc »

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 08:23:26 »
Sorry C! This wasn't about what you had said, but the response in Asbean's link to the BBC news by the Conservatives. I am so fed up with politicians leaping for the jugular on the least and most whimsical of excuses.
 And "But the Tories said it showed the government had lost  touch with reality" just epitomised for me  their ( [and other politicians' and journalists' ) whole "storm in a teacup" approach to life that wastes time, lives and taxes.

It was not aimed at you and I defend my right to call politicians "self-important prats"!!

Haha, I read it the same way as Ceres, and thought you must've started early on the Sherry today as this would've been completely out of character!!!

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 08:56:01 »
It actually shows how pompous and out of touch with technology some people in gov't are - I could have made that film on my mobile phone and uploaded it in my lunch hour.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal