Author Topic: Fuchsia Happy Wedding Day  (Read 6071 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Fuchsia Happy Wedding Day
« on: August 19, 2008, 17:40:45 »
With thanks to Jo for the cuttings, this is one of the plants I have grown for my daughter's wedding this Saturday.  I've brought it indoors today because I don't want the blooms to be spoilt by the rain. :)  G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Fuchsia Happy Wedding Day
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 17:55:52 »
Georgie, that looks beautiful, what a lovely name for a plant.  I hope the day goes really well and wish your daughter and future son in law every happiness.  The weather is looking better for the weekend at the moment, I will keep my fingers crossed and look forward to hearing all about it next week.

Have a wonderful day all of you, will be thinking of you.

T.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 18:08:52 »
Thank you so much, Tulipa.  We're all getting quite excited now as you can imagine and I promise to report back next week.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

jo9919

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 00:04:55 »
WOW!

It''s looking fabulous G. I'm so glad you managed to get it blooming in time for the wedding, speaking of which, please pass on my very best wishes to your daughter and future son-in-law. May they have many happy years together.

Jo.
xxx

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 10:50:15 »
Thanks Jo.  It's all down to the quality of the cutting rather than any expertise on my part.   ;D

G x

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 10:57:19 »
OMG!!!!   I've gone green with envy!!!!   I loooooooooove fuchsias & have a Happy Wedding Day growing in a brand spanking new manger-style window box under my kitchen window.   I wish it had as many healthy blooms as yours.   

Can I ask what size pot yours is growing in please, as I made seperate mine out of the window box and re-pot it up on it's own.

CC
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 12:37:47 »
Hi CC.  It's in a 10" pot at the moment.  I always grow my Fuchsias in individual pots, that way they are not competing with other plants for food and water.  Good luck with yours.   :)

G x

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 13:09:47 »
Very beautiful indeed.

I hope all went very well for the wedding and that you all had a glorious day and hopefully we get to see some pictures of your lovely family  :)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 17:06:57 »
Many thanks, Honeybee.

We had a wonderful day: the sun shone, everything went off without a hitch and everyone said they had a great time.  I couldn't have asked for more and yes, I will post some photos when I get them.   ;D

G x

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 20:29:03 »
Georgie. I was thinking of you yesterday and hoping the weather was as good as it was here. Glad everything went well and really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 20:42:17 »
Georgie. I was thinking of you yesterday and hoping the weather was as good as it was here. Glad everything went well and really looking forward to seeing the photos.

Aww thanks Lorna, I had a fantastic day.   ;D

G x

KathrynH

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 21:31:43 »
What a beautiful plant. You mut be so proud - and I bet your daughter is too!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 16:45:26 »
What a beautiful plant. You mut be so proud - and I bet your daughter is too!

Thanks.  Yes she loved the thought and the plant.   :)  I've put up some wedding photos in a sepaarate thread for anyone who is interested.

G x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal