Author Topic: Beth after a hard day on the allotment  (Read 2843 times)

springs

• Half Acre
Beth after a hard day on the allotment
« on: August 17, 2008, 21:23:01 »

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
Re: Beth after a hard day on the allotment
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 15:53:43 »
cosy, mind you I think a lot of us look or feel like that after a hard day at the plot  ;D

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 16:10:17 »
Lovely dog, is he allowed on the allotment.  Dogs are only allowed on ours on a lead.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 16:18:15 »
Not at all on ours (except one favoured dog,don't know why).
He looks very comfy ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

carrot-cruncher

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 11:25:47 »
She looks so contented and happy

CC

ps. dogs are allowed on our allotments (quote)...as long as they are under supervision. (unquote).

we couldn't find our Sam one day and after a frantic fifteen minutes of searching he popped his head up from his comfy spot on top of the compost pile to see what all the fuss was about!!!!!
"Grow you bugger, grow!!"

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 11:42:46 »
We have one dog that comes on our allotment, without a lead, and people have complained.  But he is so, so good, how on earth does he know that he can only walk on the paths and play with his football on uncultivated ground.  He doesn't even chase the allotment cat.  I just love him, but I suppose it is to do with the owner, like children.  One two year old wonders around on her own, and someone has a pond.  Help.  One family bring a small tent for their boy and he loves it.  My grandchildren hate my allotment and I use it as a punishment if they are naughty.  They say 'Oh no, not the allotment'.  If they are really, really naught (which of course they never are, as they are my perfect grandchildren, I make them watch Gardeners World) which they also hate, but Dr Who is brilliant, when it is on I can go to Allotments 4 All. My children also hate tennis, as I loved it so much they had to come and watch, be coached etc. etc. I think I put them off, but obviously just because I love sport and allotments it doesn't follow that children, grandchildren do.  Hopefully I will get one grandchild interested at same stage.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:53:46 »
Dog's aren't allowed on our allotments so some dog owners started bringing them in their cars and leaving them there while the owners worked their plots.
Usually they'd start barking after a while. So we now have a new rule no animals in cars parked on the site either.

lolabelle

• Hectare
  • nero
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 19:24:02 »
she managed to stay very clean , unlike me who comes back covered in mud  ;D ;D :) ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal