Author Topic: Interesting (and suitable for freezing) recipes for florence fennel?  (Read 1882 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
I've not googled yet, but wondered if anyone has any ideas/fave recipes please?

I'm revolting against the revolting weather & taking myself off to a Factor 15 place for a while & need to get my first crop lifted....any ideas, please?

I've never trying blanching/freezing (to then add to casseroles,etc.) - anyone done it?

Thanks.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Lish, take me with you! I can bring chocklit! ;D

I cut mine into wedges, saute in a drizzle of olive oil till browned, add stock and a few fennel seeds & braise till cooked and liquid has all gone. (Approx 20 mins, and if liquid not reduced turn up the heat to get rid!)
Sprinkle with chopped fennel tops, lurvely!

Enjoy your get away!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
I pickled mine.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
DottyP...where I'm going the choc will melt....gotta eat it all in Thiefrow Departure lounge before I board - apparently......yer reckon that aircraft will ever make it orf the ground after I've done me duty?

Tim=pickled it? I've googled (cos no immediate replies) & apparently can blanche (it!!) for 3 mns.....pickled tho? Interested....thanks.

tim

• Hectare
This was my effort!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
Thank you Tim! I'll give it a go. It says store for 2 weeks before eating - have you tasted yours yet?

tim

• Hectare
That was 3 years ago - yes!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
.....tried and true then, Tim. I bought my cider vinegar on my way home just now and if it ever stops raining >:( I'll get the fennel up this afternoon.

Many thanks again 8)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal