Author Topic: Allotment newsletter.  (Read 3470 times)

legendaryone

• Hectare
Allotment newsletter.
« on: June 02, 2008, 19:20:41 »
Our secretary (who is 78) has been talking about giving some of her duties and i have said i will have a go at the newsletter, our newsletter is just one side of sheet of A4 and there was talk of making it bigger  :o
I was wondering if any of you could tell me what your newsletter covers, ours is about the next event coming up (open day, halloween etc) work on the road/fence and that's about it.
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

Squash63

• Half Acre
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Re: Allotment newsletter.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 21:31:00 »
There is a copy of our newsletter at the foot of the 'About Us' page of our website www.growit.ik.com
I make about 3 a year and every plotholder receives one, either by hand or by post.
Betty
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham
www.growit.ik.com

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 21:42:18 »
If you pm me your email addy, I'll send you our last one (.pdf file)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 23:47:16 »
Send me your Email, I can send you a copy of ours very easily since I get it by Email.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 08:19:19 »
Thanks for all your replies  :) PM's have been sent.

Thanks for the link squash63

Fraxinus

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 20:36:24 »
Hi legendaryone,
For the benefit of those reading this topic and can't see the newletters you've been emailed, I will tell you what is included in the ones I send out:
I always start off with the most topical item which is either security (sadly) or pest-invasion! Plot holders always like to be kept up to date on what is being done to improve/prevent these. Then I thank anyone who has helped on any communal projects we have had. Then there's wood chip orders/deliveries, equipment hire, reminders on not using the waste bin for compostable waste (a problem on most sites I would imagine!), encouragement on using compost heaps and having bonfires, gentle reminders of certain broken rules ie dogs off lead (another common problem too?!), news city/town wide in the allotment world ie open days etc. Keep to one A4 sheet to avoid reader-fatigue.  :)

I send one out every two months, by email as an attachment to most plot holders and a copy is displayed on the notice board, costs nothing!  ;) I know it is appreciated as people tell me their friends on other sites get miffed at not getting one from their committees.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 04:48:09 »
Thanks for that Fraxinus, very helpful  :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 07:21:49 »
and welcome to the site too, Fraxinus  :)

Good Gourd 2

• Half Acre
  • My minature allotment.
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 16:51:03 »
Hi, have you thought about putting a recipe in for things that  are around at the time.  Over the years I have come across books that have good old fashioned gardening tips in so a couple of tips go into ours.  Just a thought.

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 16:56:09 »
Our newsletter usually has a recipe, and we always include something to do now - spray tomatoes, order garlic, plant fruit, etc. Plus general advice, like how to water effectively, etc. That's in addition to the news & general info from the committee.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 17:28:33 »
Recipes sound like a good idea, thanks for the tip  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal