Author Topic: Heatwave.....  (Read 1567 times)

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
Heatwave.....
« on: August 09, 2004, 18:05:23 »
.... and I am digging potatoes!!
Saw saterday some green potatoes above the ground.
Sunday dug half a row, and did the other half today.
Little bit warm, but it seem we get tomorrow a lot of rain.

wattapain

• Half Acre
Re:Heatwave.....
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 18:46:08 »
Well on Saturday hubby & me  planted 3 rows of late cropping pots(well all right - hubby planted - I assisted!!)
Only had our lottie for a month and are desperate to get things growing & saw on this brill site a mention of these so ordred them immediately. They arrived last Friday and we wanted them in PDQ. But was it HOT?!!! We were over there at 10 am and we were sweating buckets immediately - I only lasted an hour and came home, but Brian (him indoors) stayed there about 3 hrs and went back in the evening to water them in.
So this rain is very timely. We've already planted some peas (about 3 weeks ago) beetroot and 2 varieties of turnips.
Our plot , although it was covered with weeds (shoulder high) - & loads of nettles, seems quite moisture retentive and it was previously well worked and has only been vacant for 1 year so I'm quite hopeful of a good result.
Love this site - it has helped me loads,
Terri

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Heatwave.....
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 22:38:03 »
gggrrrrr.....must get to plot to plant second cropping spuds!  Who's idea was it for kids to have school holidays and Ava to fill our weekends with work and social life!!!!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal