Author Topic: Dead flowers  (Read 2227 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Dead flowers
« on: July 30, 2008, 21:47:35 »
Can anyone tell me why supermarkets sell dead flowers at a reduced price.  I can understand plants, as if watered sometimes they grow again, but are the people stupid who put dead flowers on the reduced stand and who buys them.  I have asked this question at the supermarkets but my daughter sighs and takes me home or puts me in a home.  Also Woolworth is very bad at watering plants, so often if in time can buy some good plants (reduced) that only need watering.  Again my daughter will not go to Woolworth with me as I tend to water their plants. They are crying out for some attention.  I suppose the reason is that my maiden name was 'PLANT'.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: Dead flowers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 08:34:37 »
I think this is in the wrong place!!!!!.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:24:41 »
I think you are right.  Silly me.

Nemesia

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 17:49:49 »
Borlotti, Morrisons seems to be the worse supermarket for this but last year in a bunch of "going over" flowers there was a lovely pink Gerbera so I bought the bunch and came first in the local show with my ladies buttonhole using the Gerbera. I know, I know, but there were no roses in my garden (I've bought a whole pile of them now). And, would you believe, all the others who enter this section have always used tinfoil to wrap around the stem and thick leaves to rest the flower on. I used florists's tape and fern and this year everyone used green tape of somekind...and ferns. I came nowhere. Have to think of something different.Sorry to ramble.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal