Author Topic: 'Alien' killer slug with razor-sharp teeth slithering round gardens in the UK  (Read 3929 times)

daileg

• Hectare
yes we keep them in the green house so they dont eat the tomatoes we bred them on sheep lol

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Holy crap! :o Maybe these white ones will eat the leaf eating common garden ones and then we have a problem solved!!

Duke
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Maybe these white ones will eat the leaf eating common garden ones and then we have a problem solved!!

Unfortunately that is probably wishful thinking. Although if a few were isolated & the only food source made available to them was regular slugs perhaps their dietary habits could be changed.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
If their dietary requirements were to change to slugs rather than earthworms.....they would be welcome.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
There are slug-eating slugs but they're rare now due to slug pellets. Any slug will join in the feast after you've squashed one.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Saw it on the welsh news yesterday - they eat earthworms apparently. Freaky looking things!
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
yeuch thats repulsive. Hope I dont come back as one of them in my next life.

thegreatgardener

• Acre
sound like you better double the slug bate and coffee grounds around you plot.

vegmandan

• Half Acre
    • My Allotment Diary
The good old xenophobic Daily Mail.

Even the Slugs are foreign invaders which are going to take over and ruin the country.

I'm surprised they didn't suggest it came form Poland. ;D

-------------------------------------------
I will grow a 10lb Onion if it kills me !
-------------------------------------------

Need a Leek

• Half Acre
  • Villa Villan and a two Lottie Nut
I expect they love a pint or two as well...Another pub chain on the market " Nip Sliding Away"....Paul Slimeon ;D.

Cheers
Tony
Villa villan and a two lottie nut...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
I wonder how long it'll take for someone to come up with a recipe  to cook them ;D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Looks and sounds horrible. Flatworms and harlequin ladybirds all over again. Poor old earthworms.Just shows yet again the folly of importing live plants from different parts of the world. You just cannot be 100% certain you are not also importing something nasty that will become a problem for our native flora anf fauna.

Still if these things are setting up home here its just a pity they dont eat other slugs!

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
I wonder how long it'll take for someone to come up with a recipe  to cook them ;D
Not very long.
http://bertc.com/slug_fritters.htm

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
Can you deep fry them ?

thegreatgardener

• Acre
where can you  French chef when you need one.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Glaze them with insect vomit and roast them with an apple in their mouth.

joie

• Not So New ...
please someone tell me this is all a wind up. cause slugs are bad enough ones with teeth terrify me, joie very frightened from durham.  iwould have put a face at the end of this but it`s to frightened and it`s hidding xxx

DAVIESFOZZIE

• Not So New ...
    • daviesfozzie
as i live in Caerphilly they are widespread so i have heard killing earworms and ladybirds from europe which kill our own and other friendly insects this has to be a concequence of bad farming poor land management ets by our government. PS i saw a grasshopper on my allotment yeserday for the first time for XXX years. I hope thet are making a comeback

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
All slugs have teeth (I'm not sure whether this is the official term) on their tongues, and use these to rasp away at whatever they're eating. How would they devastate our veg without?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal