Author Topic: Platte Media adware help (Malware  (Read 2219 times)

daileg

• Hectare
Platte Media adware help (Malware
« on: June 27, 2008, 19:45:39 »
can anyone who has the real now how help me i have had a Platte Media icon appear on my desktop this apparently after phoning the company have acused me of logging into there internet site .
anyhow have had this Malware installed into my root files PM-poc 1 and PM-poc2 file wich self loads evertime try and delete via Task manager sorry running vista but pc will not allow me entry into safe mode clever blider this one .
since have installed noadware ready for the future to prevent cant find it s cant change the system restore either date wont change mmmmm
troubling isnt it well tried the various forums out there have sugested running Prevx software after shutting restore points down first was wondering if any one had any experience with a tricky blider as bad as this before

pm me if you have as im up for fighting this one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'(

pamsdish

• Quarter Acre
Re: Platte Media adware help (Malware
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 13:34:13 »
hi daileg
 i am not very computer literate but i had a programme load itself onto my computer and it covered half my screen,i had no idea how to cope with it so i went onto yahoo questions and answers site,i was given a programme to download to wipe it off,i was very wary, but as i was in trouble anyway i tried it and it removed the programme and i have been ok since , you might get some decent ideas

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 18:01:13 »
thanks for the advice i have tried just about everything i can think of i now where it is on my pc and still cant remove it same as yours this thing says i excepted terms and conditions and warns me if i dont settle the 29.99 they will begin to enlarge the item on my screen eventually taking my desktop over unless i pay this company has been through the high court withe office of fair trading and yet unless you can prove your computer was out of the country you have to pay sxxxt hey but thanks anyhow for your reply and suport
will keep on trying to beet the it even if i have to reload windows alltogether 

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 18:13:24 »
I found this post. About halfway down someone has come up with a solution that seems to work
http://forums.vnunet.com/thread.jspa?threadID=133134&start=45&tstart=0
I know very little about pc's but it may help you.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 19:01:25 »
i would like to say thankyou for all the help and suport i have recieved in my problem with Platte Media
i have successfully removed the files from my pc via going into safe mode into systum 32 file and removing them one by one the problem i had was it would not allow me to access my f8 key but thanks to baccy man who provide me with another solution to access this via msconfig  so to say
a big thankyou onece again

baccy man saved the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

hoffey

• Not So New ...
    • Sutton Allotments
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 21:40:08 »
you may now want to install and run a malware program to be safe, try either.

windows defender or trojan remover.

regards
mick
www.mickcox.co.uk
Best Regards
Mick
www.tshs.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal