Author Topic: I wish all you lovely peeps  (Read 2464 times)

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
I wish all you lovely peeps
« on: August 04, 2004, 19:12:38 »
would cut and paste your yummy recipes on R4A, as it is set out in categories and, when I come home at the end of a frazzled day at work, is so easy to go straight to the appropriate category.  I'm afraid by that time of night, haven't really got time to troll through the whole list!

Keep 'em coming, really appreciated!

:D :D :D
Muddy Boots

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
Re:I wish all you lovely peeps
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 07:20:47 »
Thanks Muddy for your reminding folk of R4A.

I was wondering about a special group of quick and easy recipes,no complex ingredients,which folk like us coming in from work or a busy lottie day can just pop on and still have a healthy and tasty meal?

Especially if own veg can be used of course as part of this too.

Any interest do you think?

All ideas gratefully received.Toots :) ???

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 10:19:45 »
Seconded Toots -an R$A -Real Fast Food anyone use Slater's book?

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 18:46:03 »
There will always be something, in even the 'simplest' recipes, that you don't have? Including time?
HATE to say this but - if you are really strapped for time & inspiration, the best way, still, I think, is to give Google your taste-of-the-moment idea & let them sort it. = Tim

Toots

• Quarter Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 19:20:24 »
In that case Tim why are you reading here,why bother about any other recipe board?

Sadly google does not always deliver and I have been helped time and again,rushing in from work,tired and lacking in inspiration,and feeding the family and ourselves on great,humble ,non fancy basic recipes pased on from parents,friends or discovered or created,tried and tested and passed every time.

I am always happy to learn more.

Toots

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2004, 20:31:25 »
Me too - please don't get me wrong - this patch is cosy, great for sharing & asking. But if it's speed & choice you want - like 13,400,000 ideas for rice alone....?? = Tim
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 20:40:57 by tim »

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 20:44:01 »
I enjoy the R4A site because it has recipes that are tried and tested by cyber friends. There are also recipes (particularly the older traditional ones) that I would never have thought about and certainly haven't ever seen in the recipe books that I own. Besides, it's fun to try someone else's recipe and be able to have a two way conversation about it afterwards. Tim I see what you're getting at about Google but R4A is a refreshing change and would be even better if more recipes were posted there :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal