Author Topic: Adaware6  (Read 2728 times)

Ozzy aka Pothead

Adaware6
« on: August 04, 2004, 19:07:54 »
Yo peeps

I have just ran adaware and noticed that when it is scanning, the files jump from 5,150 to 22265 with only a brief pause before the leap???? am sure something is wrong?  thing is.. what and where and how???? also something called DSO Exploit keeps turning up in spybot???

any help on this would be well appreciated

cheers

oz

;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2004, 22:44:32 by Ozzy »

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Adaware6
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 23:19:21 »
Just done a full scan with Adaware6.0 Oz and no problems here. Takes ages though to scan the files (yawn) almost felt asleep trying to see if it jumped.

Hope you get an answer to your problem soon.

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 01:03:07 »
Hi Ozzy - don't know about the adaware bit, but on the Spybot and DSO exploit, I found lots.

There is a minor bug in the current version of spybot which is picking up a security hole in internet explorer.

It seems that as long as your windows updates are up-to-date, you don't have a problem - just an annoying bug in spybot (which will be corrected - so update spybot occasionally too).

All best, Gavin

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 15:43:11 »
It does the same here, Ozzy.Thought it was the adaware way.Will investigate, can't be too careful.

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 16:21:31 »
Cheers Gavin re spybot, it seems that DSO exploit is dealt with by spybot but kinda of tricks spybot into believeing it is still there? confused?.. As to Adaware, I have never seen it jump like that before.. so needs more investigation.. I just noticed that adaware aka lavasoft have their own help forum.. so I will post my query on there and get back to you all...

cheers peeps

Ozzy

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 17:16:03 »
Tiger gone walkabout again I see Oz.  ;D

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2004, 17:42:50 »
Yo Peeps

this is the reply I got from lavasoft peep

Hi Ozzy aka, welcome to the Lavasoft Support Forums.

I once asked the same question, and to quote cannymum...

With regards the "skipping files".......when the scan gets to that part of the registry, it is reading the files so quickly, the counter can't keep up (in real-time). The scan isn't skipping files......the counter just takes a leap to catch up.

Hope this answers the question.

Regards

Earthling Series #6

Tigers on holiday in siberia Eileen... back soon though... just enjoy the Sunshine....  :-*  :-*  :-*

Cheers peeps....

Oz

we live and learn....  ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 17:44:38 by Ozzy »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal