Allotment Stuff > The Basics

Raised Beds

<< < (2/5) > >>

Muddy_Boots:
Just seen that Tim!  Love it ;D  Course, it might depend whether rocking horse was antique or new for rarity value!   ;D ;D ;D

Think you could auction rocking horse manure on Flog It or some such programme!!!!!

Kate

Garden Manager:
Ok I am no expert on this, but I have heard/read somewhere (do a lot of this) that straw is better because it doesnt take so long to break down as shavings. :-/

And just to add to things, there are i think far more different materials that could be in stable manure. this is because there are lots of different bedding materials for horses these days, not just straw and shavings. If your 'source' happens to be racing stables you are far mopre likely to have different ingredients in your manure. Thouroghbred racehorses are picky creatures when it comes to bedding!

Sorry cant remember exactly what they all are.

A good thing to do if your manure is a litle fresh is to use it on the compost heap. It stores the manure, makes your compost go further, and helps it make quicker (because of the heat and organisms in the manure). Just a thought. ;)

tim:
DIFFERENT? - like fois gras droppings?? = Tim

Doris_Pinks:
Hahaha Tim! Steroids maybe!!  ;D DP

Muddy_Boots:
Luckily then for Mimi, think she's probably in livery horse country rather than racing.  However, Mimi, can you remind me of the very dinky and pleasurable racing venue in Wales, which I thought was one of the nicest smaller course I had seen!  Keep thinking Newport but know I'm wrong!

Kate

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version