Author Topic: Tomatorite container too secure!  (Read 1410 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Tomatorite container too secure!
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:53:17 »
I've got a bottle of levenington's  Tomatorite and no one can get the cap off! I bought it last year from somewhere I can't remember now but the safety cap just works too well. Anyone else with this problem?
I think I'm going to have to use a hacksaw!

shaunster

• Not So New ...
Re: Tomatorite container too secure!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 09:04:16 »
i have one like it aswell .... i thought i was the only one haha

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:45:21 »
No - just drill it, & cover with plaster.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 17:09:57 »
Don't know what the container looks like, but Child-Safety Stuff does me ead in >:(.....for metal containers I have to resort to my mini hacksaw &, like Tim, cover the open top with plaster.....for plastic push-down-&-simultaneously-twist ??? containers, found this neat trick...turn on CH!....get a radiator really hot, up-end container & position on radiator for an hour or so.....plastic then softens enough to push&twist, no probs....
Mainly I use this for ALDI's bleach ;D

grrrrrrrrrrrr !!!

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 17:31:50 »
I've just been using a bottle of Bowers tomato feed from last year. Thought it was a bit pale but used it last week. At the w.e. it occurred to me (quick aren't I?)  to give it a good shake - it improved a bit so I shook it some more and it darkened some more. I was really surprised by how very firmly the contents had settled. Hope a week on short commons hasn't done too much harm.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 17:39:36 »
I thought it was my RA affecting the strength of my fingers but my son couldn't get it open ....and he could open child proof bottles age 18 months now he's 18 i didn't expect a problem.
Yes I could drill it would be quicker.

It does push and twist...just doesn't open and swearing at it did no good either though I suspect probably entertained the neighbours.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2008, 18:42:16 »
so it's a hot radiator job, then,  for push'n'twist..... >:( thing is, you then need to leave the damned thing un-twisted for subsequent use & will prolly be arrested by The Child Safety Plice for Potentially Criminally Negligent Behaviour towards the Safety of Young People, be taken to court, found guilty, incarcerated for years'n'years....and THEN who will water your tomatoes?....I HATE THIS STOOPID STOOPID safety conscious society where obviously a "leave it alone & don't touch!" admonition isn't PC any more ....

(I'm starting a rant....can you tell?) ;D 

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 23:45:53 »
The trick is to save screw tops from other bottles and swap them once opened  ;D
By the way, did you know that you can ask your chemist to supply bottles of pills WITHOUT safety caps? Saves a lot of annoyance....

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 16:40:14 »
I found another one unused at the other end of the garage....you can see i have a problem remembering what i have bought! I thought great maybe I can get this one open...then use the lid on the other one.....no I can't open that one either!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 17:49:23 »
I could lend you a 3 year old child if you like. She can pull anything apart!

jjt

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 23:14:45 »
Use a big pair of pliers and squeeze the top as you turn it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal