Author Topic: BLOODY WOMAN  (Read 17050 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: BLOODY WOMAN
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2008, 18:16:42 »
Cam, I've been thinking of you today, as I've been killing weeds (& ground) for a client....she pays, she says :D

First off, if your laydee strongly refutes the suggestion that, even in a completely accidental fashion, she or her agent, used a weedkiller, then definitely a soil test will be needed to see just WHAT was used - it's certainly going to affect your planting/growing season....and good luck with that.

To the laydee herself (or her friends)....it would have to be proved that she/they and she/they ONLY, had access to your watering cans at that time...

btw......residue in the cans? Can these also be analysed to prove that the killer came from them or that the probability is such that it seems likely that.....?

Whatever, Cam, and despite what other (and non-affected,  grrrrr) peeps at your lotties say, I really think you have to get to the bottom of all this.

Thinking of you,

Lishka x

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2008, 20:07:46 »
Agree with Lishka that you do need to get to the bottom of it.  So if this lady knows nothing about it, is she then claiming that HER plot has been vandalised by person or persons unknown?

Good luck.  Let us know if you want anything.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2008, 21:43:53 »
thanks guys

yep i dont believe her either.

I have contacted envionment health and some other gov quango that deals in pesticides to see what they say. I dont think the watering cans will have anything in them anymore.

I am hoping if i can get her into a room that i can get her to admit it.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2008, 22:18:56 »
Anybody that uses herbicides/pesticides and charges for their services are breaking the law if they do not hold the required certificates. They should also have a log book to put all the information in. ie. wind direction, type of chemical, overcast/sunny. etc, etc. Report them to DEFRA and demand action.

This is not a barrackroom lawyer speaking, I have done the course and know the law on spraying.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 22:25:23 »
having recently taken my PA1 and PA6 (pesticide application) certificates, I am up to date with the law regarding sprays.
1, was the person who applied it certified?
2, they should keep a record of anything sprayed and what strength, date, weather etc.
get in touch with Health and Safety.
Certificates of competence are required by users of pesticides approved for use.
in agriculture and horticulture.
a, Contractors - people who use pesticides on premises or property not owned or occupied by them or their employees, unless under direct supervision by a certificare holder.
find out who the contractor was, It is AGAINST THE LAW to spray someone else's land without a certificate.
rgds, Tonybloke.
You couldn't make it up!

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 22:26:25 »
SNAP!!
You couldn't make it up!

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 23:23:44 »
the thing is guys i suspect this is someone gone up there with something like path clear and done it to help her out. Not someone professional.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 14:21:00 »
Yes it sounds like she got some friends to do it and they grabbed the first herbicide they found and used it. They should have at least turned up with their own watering cans.
People on the plot next to me who got my squash when they sprayed told the town council (which believed them) that they hadn't sprayed while all their weeds withered and died along with my squash. Mind you in 3 years I and most others have only seen them 3 times.

Really disgusted by the lack of support by people om your site Cam. When I walk round my site you see watering cans sitting out and wheel barrows lying out. Not on my plot though as I'm right at the front and that would be asking for trouble as they'd be easily seen.

tonybloke

• Hectare
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 18:55:33 »
If she got someone else to do it, by definition they are a contractor! Call the HSE, and local council, tell them a rogue operator is at large!!
You couldn't make it up!

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 22:46:44 »
 sounds like a plan hehe

Were finding out what other plants have been killed now over time my friends plot has settled down but things are still dead.

Latest plant to die is the comfry plant for kea, and almost a full bed of cabbage and b. sprouts which just have not germinated. I am sure i will find other stuff.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2008, 10:36:50 »
Don't worry about comfrey Cam...unless you now have none.
I chilled my seeds fot two weeks and planted and now i have one seedling.....before that arrived I found plants in Brampton GC. Now I can give you some comfrey if you need it.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2008, 19:59:35 »
I have lots of seeds cam.You are very welcome to some for the time when you are in a position to start again. :)

PM me if you want some.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #92 on: July 03, 2008, 00:24:31 »
looks like it was only stuff in pots on my plot so the comfry is still going stong i will however let you know if that changes.

The parish clerk has come back saying he cant find any evidence that this was caused by someone on the plots, however hes looking into getting the soil checked which is something. Hes also admitted that the groundsmen have sprayed with roundup on the site but they use professional equipment so of the soil sample comes back saying nothing in there then it must be the roundup and i will do some more screaming at the parish.

I still think it was the bloody woman Miss Scarlet in the kitchen allotment with the leadpipe weedkiller!!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 00:26:02 by cambourne7 »

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2008, 13:33:34 »
Typical sit on the fence behaviour from Parish clerk.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2008, 13:04:23 »
The parish clerk has come back saying he cant find any evidence that this was caused by someone on the plots, however hes looking into getting the soil checked which is something. Hes also admitted that the groundsmen have sprayed with roundup on the site but they use professional equipment so of the soil sample comes back saying nothing in there then it must be the roundup and i will do some more screaming at the parish.

I think you now have the answer Cam.  If the groundsmen have been spraying Roundup you can bet that they were spraying it on the weeds around your disabled neighbour's plot.  If the wind was blowing when they did it, it's not surprising that other plots have been affected.  Although they have professional spraying equipment, they would still need to refill it when it becomes empty.  They could well have used your watering can for this purpose. 

It should be easy for the Parish clerk to find out the date, time and exact location of the spraying done by the groundsmen.  They will keep records.  Good luck.

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2008, 13:21:25 »
Any more info on this yet Cam?

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2008, 21:53:40 »
sorry for the day works been hectic.

Update so far is that we are still waiting for the parish to come back to us they claimed 2 weeks ago to have checked with everyone and no one admits to doing it (like they would) and have done nothing about getting the soil tested.

I am royaly fed up and i have decided to put my house on the market and move, ok not the only reason but the allotment is no longer the thing keeping me here. Which is a shame.

If all goes well our new house will have a big enough garden to put a vegie garden in and i have my allotment till september so i should be able to move most things out. Although my friend whos plots been wiped has planted stuff on the plot so i have hoping they will let him take up my tenancy which means all my hard work will not be wasted.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2008, 09:22:22 »
Update

This weekend i will be sending a JA to the RHS to id whats happend to the plant.

The parish have also been in touch to say they have engaged a company to do the soil testing and this will be happening in the next week or two.

Yippie

Cam

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2008, 13:56:35 »
update

JA have it seams started to grow back :) one plant has got some leaves on it and when i pulled what looked like a dry stick out of the soil i found little noddules slightly bigger than a chick pea growing at the end which muight indicate the plants are growing back :) Perhapse as the JA were in a a very large pot with all this rain its finaly left the soil?

My friends plot is still a write off we planted some stuff 2 weeks ago in his site and on mine, his died very quickly mine are ok. So something is persisting in his soil.

Clerk has not been replying to our emails for the last 3 weeks sent a snippy email yesterday and finaly got a reply basicaly saying it was going to cost more than he could approve so needs the council to approve the payment. So no guarantee that its going to be done. Envionmental health have not replyed to phone call or email. RHS just say that it looks like weed killer damage.

So stuffed until the soil tests are done which at this rate may never happen.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2008, 22:57:30 »
Small claims court time?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal