Author Topic: E-Bay Rotovators  (Read 7875 times)

Mr Smith

• Hectare
E-Bay Rotovators
« on: June 16, 2008, 20:36:55 »
Over on E-bay a company in Essex are selling new heavy duty Rotovators with 6.5hp engines for £299.00, might be Chino imports but still a good price :)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: E-Bay Rotovators
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 20:48:23 »
might be Chino imports but still a good price :)

lol - imported by someone wearing smart/casual trousers from M&S?

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 21:03:54 »
They are made in China by a company named Maxtra™ not exactly a famous name so spares could be fun to get hold of. Allegedly the RRP is £1599 so you've got to ask yourself why they are being knocked out at just £299?

As well as http://stores.ebay.co.uk/KMS-DISTRIBUTIONS-LTD selling them for £299 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Direct-Power-UK is auctioning them with a £0.99 start & no reserve.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 21:06:18 by Baccy Man »

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 21:16:53 »
They are made in China by a company named Maxtra™ not exactly a famous name so spares could be fun to get hold of. Allegedly the RRP is £1599 so you've got to ask yourself why they are being knocked out at just £299?

As well as http://stores.ebay.co.uk/KMS-DISTRIBUTIONS-LTD selling them for £299 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Direct-Power-UK is auctioning them with a £0.99 start & no reserve.

Although I'm sure the engine and tiller action are the same, the KMS one looks a more purposeful machine, with two wheels and better shrouds.

The killer for me would be the tines, which will undoubtedly have the tensile strength of cheese.  And even the single wheel one weighs a whopping 86kg wet.  I know rotavators shouldn't be too lightweight, but that's going to be seriously heavy to manoeuvre.  And don't even think about putting it in the back of your estate car.  Trailer only.

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 22:06:37 »
Cant beat a good old Howard 350 fitted with a kohler engine they go for years and spares are available as well, i have a plough,a furrower/ridger and numerous other attachments and would not buy a cheap china import while these are available on eBay and in farm auctions.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 22:12:24 »
I have bought from power direct. If it is Maxtra then it should be fine (so far)

We also bought a parrot cage from them but it described the feeders as stainless and they most definately were not, They dont reply to emails and are arseholes but after reporting them to ebay more than once we got a part refund of the amount I specified to replace the feeders.

HOWEVER, apart from that, The 3500psi  6.5hp jetwash I got from them is amazing and brand new. Well it was till I washed everything from the front drive to the paint from the car ;D

I will try to find it on ebay

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 22:22:51 »
looks fine but see if the text confirms it is wheel driven and I was able to collect for an admin fee which is now £15 I think, The company is a storage/holding o which are very pleasant to deal with.

I wouldn`t describe them engines as industrial though, I had the 6.5hp jetwash flat out for an hour and a half and it cut out due to heat(normal with auto cut out) so had to let it cool down but then after that time I needed a rest too ;D

Ebay is always a risk to a degree but despite my problems, I don`t have any so far with their engines. Not tried to get spare parts yet though!!!!!! touch wood.....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal