Author Topic: Pond Pumps/Filters Online  (Read 2817 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Pond Pumps/Filters Online
« on: July 10, 2008, 19:50:34 »
Anyone know the cheapest place to buy online?
(think we can finally afford to get them! ;D)
Looking for an Oase.
Have been trawling but there are sooooooooo  many!
I usually go with Bradshaws, but if anyone knows of a cheaper, reliable site I am willing to buy from there!

Thank You in advance

DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Andy H

• Hectare
Re: Pond Pumps/Filters Online
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 22:09:53 »
Oh Doris, there are so many options and sites!

We are looking at the moment because our pump was 2000gph but we just tested the flow and it is down to 740gph (10 years on) but costing us 450watts!

Looking at pumps tonight and trying to compare wattage and flow and how much loss due to the HEAD(height) it has to go is a nightmare!

Think i will go on a Koi site to find out because googling for pumps is just advertisers info and they dont all state wattage and head.

labrat

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 22:28:24 »
For a submersible pump I'd recommend Oase Aquamax Eco every time. Outstanding pumps and very economical. For example the 8000 will shift 1700gph (a few hundred less when including piping and head) for only 80W. They do cost more than other pumps but you'll save hundreds of pounds in electricity costs.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 22:34:16 »
I'd recommend Oase Aquamax Eco every time.
Labrat thats exactly the one I am going for!
They all seem to be the same initial cost, but one comes with free strainer and 5 m of hose, another comes with a £50 gift voucher! (which as I need a filter system too could be the one!)
Like you Andy it is mind boggling! Too many sites, too much choice! ;D
We went to worl of water with the pond size etc., so hope we know what we are looking for! Just a matter of finding it at the cheapest I guess.........more trawling for me! :(
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

labrat

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:22:43 »
In all honesty most of the retailers offer very little in competitive pricing. You may save a few pounds searching but not much. Unless your lucky and a sale comes along. Bradshaws is OK. I've also had good service from Richdon Koi, Boddington Koi and Koizone.

Others include Koibitz, water gardening direct, koi water gardens ltd (koicarp.org.uk), Nottingham koi company, ichiban koi, East Riding Koi (koicarp.net), dankoi. (some sites in their pricing exclude VAT and look cheaper but aren't)

You may get a good deal for a filter system by phoning up the companies. They often sell them for less than the stated price  but don't advertise it. Most often with the Nexus filters which are rather pricey but excellent filters.

cheers
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 09:25:42 by labrat »

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 23:19:47 »
We just got the oase eco 16000 and althoug not pumping as much as I thought, I may skip the UV with my new filter modifications and go to 2" hard pipe from pump straight to filter??? This should increase flow rate a lot and will def save on elec bill by about half.......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal