Author Topic: Political Rant - most unusual for me!!  (Read 7127 times)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
Re: Political Rant - most unusual for me!!
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 17:49:59 »
I kind of wondered the same thing Sinbad7, but i'm not brave enough to post in this thread

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 17:58:59 »
The  WTD covers a 48 hour weeek if you work nights the max is 10 hours per night, if you work in the transport industry you then come under the RTD which is the Road Transport Directive you can't start before 0400 in the morning, in fact I'm not even going there to explain it to you have a look at the web site and even the powers that be don't even know what they are going on about not even school teachers :)

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 18:06:55 »
Dear Alf Garnet,

I like redclangers views, but then I've never liked self centred pompous right wing idiots.

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 18:24:10 »
in fact I'm not even going there to explain it to you

spoilsport

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 18:27:46 »
trust me i wasnt complaining about my wages, if i didnt like it i would work else where, and to be honest in my opinion if you dont like what you get paid change your job i wouldnt imagine there are many nurses that do there job just for the money, most nursing needs an element of enjoying the job, my remark about the wages and being puked on was very tongue in cheek
anyone who knows me knows i have never ever complained about my wages, where else would i earn that much money with the amount of holiday i get ??
i love my job i love looking after people  :)

I have complained about the working conditions though cos on a long day 07.30 am to 8.30pm only ever got 3/4 of an hours break and never finished on time usually 9pm sometimes later but that was far more indicative of poor ward management then anything else cos in my new job unless there is a major emergency i always get all my breaks and leave on time

the reason i asked about the 10 hour night thing is that we work nights from 8.15 pm to 07.45 am and get paid for 10 hours only, now i know why, (we do get an hour and a half break) and i always wondered why.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 18:29:22 »
private eye mag or any of the other left wing rubbish

Hahaha!! That's the funniest thing I've read this year! If you think Private Eye is left wing, you've rather removed any credibility from your viewpoint!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 18:33:32 »
Drip, drizzle or dribble? If I want to complain, I do it more forcefully than that. And even your view, RT,  should be allowed without fear of reprisal?

Good points, Sinbad. But at 18, one hadn't heard of pensions. Or, certainly, I hadn't! Or free lunches.

It's a crying shame that MoD - or the NHS, for that matter - doesn't make a profit - instead of throwing billions down the drain each year on some ill-advised project. Leaving some folk ill-equipped/protected  for their job.

Drip? I suppose that, with hindsight, one wonders why some vital services have been undervalued, rather than why others are seeking a living wage.

Politics? The right to strike. If I had been serving at the time of the Iraq entry, I would have struck!! All I could do, after 36 years loyal service, was to join a protest group. Nothing to do with money!

I do hope that this thread has not bred antagonism, & after 2 Scotches, I'll bide my wee.

PS In the hours that it took me to write that, 5 new posts came in. I am NOT going to re-write!!

PPS  - debster - being in a medical family, I do SO agree with your sentiments. If I could do anything useful, I would fight for your lot rather than ours.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 18:37:34 by tim »

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 18:40:36 »
Chin chin!!

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 18:41:32 »
bottoms up

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 19:00:10 »
I honestly wasn't having a pop at any one individual debster, it is the public sector as a whole.  Many get on waiting lists to get these jobs then turn militant and want to strike as they aren't being paid enough, I just find it strange.

As for a living wage Tim, what's that?  Surely a living wage is the wage you need to live on, well  it depends  how one wants to live.  Everyone of us sees that differently and has different needs and wants.

I'm not feeling antagonistic towards anyone, just have always wondered.

Sinbad

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2008, 19:08:59 »
Redclanger,
                         I thought my post would wind you up you being a junior school teacher,  by your previous posts it seems to me that you are a sixth form drop out, in fact I would rather have a decent debate with 'Tim' so go back to you private eye mag or any of the other left wing rubbish that you read and leave us adults to to discuss this topic, in two words P--- Off,   
Such a grown up answer too!  Answer this - why support tanker drivers but not teachers? 

I do not see why you think I am immature.  I make a valid point about your double standards and two facedness.  Also, how can  sixth form drop out become a teacher when you need O Levels (now GCSEs) A Levels (you need to complete sixth form to get these) a degree and a post-graduate qualification?  BTW, I have two post-grads, one teaching and one law - what are yours or did you not even make sixth form?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 19:12:26 by redclanger »
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

kimbobill

• Half Acre
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 19:20:16 »
Drip, drizzle or dribble? If I want to complain, I do it more forcefully than that. And even your view, RT,  should be allowed without fear of reprisal?

Good points, Sinbad. But at 18, one hadn't heard of pensions. Or, certainly, I hadn't! Or free lunches.

It's a crying shame that MoD - or the NHS, for that matter - doesn't make a profit - instead of throwing billions down the drain each year on some ill-advised project. Leaving some folk ill-equipped/protected  for their job.

Drip? I suppose that, with hindsight, one wonders why some vital services have been undervalued, rather than why others are seeking a living wage.

Politics? The right to strike. If I had been serving at the time of the Iraq entry, I would have struck!! All I could do, after 36 years loyal service, was to join a protest group. Nothing to do with money!

I do hope that this thread has not bred antagonism, & after 2 Scotches, I'll bide my wee.

PS In the hours that it took me to write that, 5 new posts came in. I am NOT going to re-write!!

PPS  - debster - being in a medical family, I do SO agree with your sentiments. If I could do anything useful, I would fight for your lot rather than ours.

Are you sure you was in the British armed forces. Go on strike! I take it that you were not invovled with the Falklands otherwise you might have gone on strike then? There was a lot of opposition then and a lot of lies told to the nation.

The only thing that the opposition kept on about with Iraq was WMD's just because we didn't find them was they were probally shipped out to another country. There was a lot of justification to invade

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 19:23:26 »
and sinbad no offence taken honestly i was just talking generally  ;D

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 19:26:52 »
Redclanger,
                  I'm impressed by your  academia if you think that your job is crap and by the sound of your post you suggest that then go and be a Tanker driver but remember they do not get the same holidays like your lot get, and by the way do you know how to grind in a crankshaft of course you do that is why you are a junior school teacher and I have dirty finger nails ;)

kimbobill

• Half Acre
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2008, 19:27:10 »
Debster, did you see the reply "hours of work" from the TUC on page one of this thread

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 19:35:05 »
Sawfish,
             If I was you I would sort out your own bigotted city and country before you have a go at me, but do not worrie I'll keep stumping up the dosh to 'Gordy'  ;)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2008, 19:42:45 »
Redclanger,
                  I'm impressed by your  academia if you think that your job is crap and by the sound of your post you suggest that then go and be a Tanker driver but remember they do not get the same holidays like your lot get, and by the way do you know how to grind in a crankshaft of course you do that is why you are a junior school teacher and I have dirty finger nails ;)
I don't think my job is crap.  I love my job.  But I do not think my children shoudl go without because of what I do - and they do.  We have one income and it does not go very far.  My partner is training to be a nurse before you tell her to go out and get a job.
Sawfish,
             If I was you I would sort out your own bigotted city and country before you have a go at me, but do not worrie I'll keep stumping up the dosh to 'Gordy'  ;)
Yet more rascism from the most bigotted poster on here!
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2008, 19:56:46 »
Oops! I think you seem to have inadvertantly opened a cans of worms here Tim.

If it's relevant, I was earning nearly £17,000 a year when I left teaching and my pension's based on that. No further comment ....

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2008, 20:06:31 »
No - 'advertently'!!

But I should not have headed my bit as 'political'. More 'personal'.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 20:08:31 »
Yes Tim, now look what you've done! The cat is playing with the pigeons again and it's all your fault!
Scotch sounds a good idea though... there's no malt left in the house so I shall opt for the Bordeaux tonight, I think... now about my leeks...

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal