Author Topic: Spotty broad beans  (Read 2388 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Spotty broad beans
« on: July 28, 2004, 18:06:13 »
Sorry to bring broad beans up yet again, but as I mentioned on an earlier posting, I hacked back all the top growth and now have  a lovely crop of new leaves and flowers sprouting.  However, the leaves are speckled with brown.  Please don't tell me it is the darn blight that is all over my lottie toms.  :-[

growmore

• Hectare
  • Practice Beats Theory. Don Valley South Yorks
Re:Spotty broad beans
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 18:14:14 »
Ej,
    Have you been watering from the top
with a rose on can at all??
Because the beads of water act like little magnifying glasses and if sun appears it burns brown patches on leaves .. If so always water from bottom without the rose on ..Just a thought.,, Jim
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 18:16:46 by growmore »
Cheers .. Jim

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 18:18:52 »
Me, water on the allotment....not a chance!  I leave that to mother nature.  Nope, this definately looks 'iffy'.  Oh what joy, yet another dodgy disease spreading across my allotment!  Begining to think I should dose it with Domestos to kill all germs DEAD! (even under the rim!! :o ;D)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 18:22:10 »
Chocolate Spot??

You do seem to be an accident-prone zone?? = Tim

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 23:17:45 »
Sorry E.J. if it is what i think tim is right,chocolate spot.A very common fungal disease.

kelfie

• I love Allotments4All
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 23:37:45 »
 :(sorry to hear about all your diseases i,ve come to the conclusion that this year is a bad one i,v had white rot in me onions chocolate spot over potatoes  my  tomatoes look really cheesed off , carrot root fly ,cabbage root fly in my turnips but never mind . theres always next year(she says Quietly sobbing when she thinks no one is looking).But on the bright side my allotment is my little piece of paradise an oasis in modern life oh joy .lol sorry getting carried away. good luck for next year E J . ;D

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 09:25:41 »
E-J, I'm not far from you and I took my 'second-flush' broad beans out because I thought that they had 'chocolate spot'. According to my book late sowings are very prone, and I took this to include second comings of early sowings too.

Jeremy

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 10:35:18 »
E-J what a shame! Guess I should keep a close eye on my 'cut downs' too. Good luck CL  ;)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 00:02:03 »
Pictures of the mentioned spotty broadies.  Keep or bin?

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 06:28:48 »
Could be?

If it is, it may affect stem, pods, flowers & beans. Spray, if you wish, with carbendazim. = Tim

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal