Author Topic: Corny's off to Sunny Bournemouth  (Read 4720 times)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Re: Corny's off to Sunny Bournemouth
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 20:10:10 »
Kitten, its on the other side of the road from Bella Italia, and up a bit. Same side as Early Learning, but a lot higher up.

We used to get to it from the multi storey car park, which you drove into from by the Zurich building (which our kids called the pencil building) which is owned by someone else now, cant remember who.

Whereabouts did you live? We were in Moordown.

cj :)

I lived in a few places actually as i was at Bournemouth Uni at the time  ;D  Lived in Winton, student village at Wallisdown, Hillside Road too, but I also lived briefly in Boscombe and loved it there too.  I really miss living by the sea!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 21:53:06 »
I really miss the sea too. It was always nice to have lots going on during the summer for the tourists. Free fireworks and candle festival every week was great for the kids, and good to take the visitors to see.

I always enjoy a rummage in winton when we go down to visit our friends. Last time, I got an old sweet scales from "The Place Next Door' for £10. ;D

I think it is a lovely place to be a student, as there is so much going on.

I'd like to live by the sea again, but somewhere warmer....southern france or spain ;D

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2008, 00:03:25 »
I lived in Boscombe for a while and worked at the Criterion PH.  Went to a fantastic all nighter at Hednosbury Head and watched the sun come up!
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2008, 07:24:00 »
dont know how i missed this thread   :D.  Hope you had a good time cornykev (i thought there was a high police presence last week... ;D')  i live in boscombe - what a small world !  i live near the cliftops at woodland walk.  They still have allnighters up a hengistbuty head redclanger but the park ranger doesnt like it and they can get a bit funny about it.  it a long time since i have been to one.

they are building europes first artificial surf reef next to boscombe pier this year along with a huge development of high end flats on the beachfront.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2008, 10:04:21 »
What do the locals think about that, sarah?

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 11:18:49 »
well i wouldnt say they are exactly up in arms about it - but remember this is bournemouth most people are elderly or students.  i think a lot of people are up for the surf reef as it will bring in more money and i guess the flats will set a precident for more developement on the seafront and more businesses etc. i guess its the thin end of a fat wedge. bournemouth council are notoriously currupt (grrrr) and there is a lot of grumbling about them but not much action (remember the imax fiasco - almost won britains ugliest building is in bournemouth).  but i think the younger people are looking forward to the influx of surfers that the reef will bring in.  personally i dont mind the reef but i do object to the developement as it will change the nature of the seafront.  :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2008, 15:22:00 »
Hi Sarah missed it , bet you kept your head down,  ;D we did pop in to Boscombe had to meet a mate in The Bell pub.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2008, 20:11:33 »
ah yes i know the one. next time you head that way get some fishunchips from smithsons round the corner towards southburne. best chippy in the area. yum.  ;)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2008, 21:43:29 »
Sarah,

I think I can understand people being happy with surfers turning up ::) ;D

I agree it will spoil the seafront to put housing there.

Here, in Barry Island, the old Butlins camp at the seafront has been turned into housing. It certainly changes the feel of the place.

Has anyone been to Moors Valley? Our kids used to love it. The treetop walk had turned into the 'half way up the trees' walk last time we were there  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal