Author Topic: oh nooooo!!!  (Read 3067 times)

gunnerbee

• Hectare
oh nooooo!!!
« on: May 12, 2008, 10:09:46 »
planted lots of cucumbers in a big tray about 48 of five different varieties,  4 lots were outdoors i lot were telegraphs, i label per row, so i could see which was which, THEN>>>>> the shuttle tray tipped over and all the little jiffy pots all mixed together!! any way of telling the difference? or do i wait until they start flowering? soo bloody annoyed!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: oh nooooo!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:40:28 »
Difficult one ..........might the outdoor ones be a bit bigger? I had a look at mine and the outdoor ones are a bit further on than the greenhouse ones, and have bristlier stems.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

gunnerbee

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 22:24:51 »
i had a look, they are all bristly, even tested em on my face for bristleleyness!!!!!

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 22:44:58 »
Clumsiness goes with being human sadly.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 23:05:22 »
I did the same pinching out the tomatoes.  I sowed 10 different varieties, but on transplanting into little pots  I ended up with one label over and nine varieties potted up. I gave a lot away, and had to explain - they are not necessarily the same as on the label!  It will be interesting to see what happens.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 20:50:14 »
After my mother volunteered to pot up my toms last year, and managed to mix 'em all up, this year I took the precaution of individually labeling everyone of them (and the cues), using cut up sections of an old/broken plastic venetian blind.
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

mickb

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 20:23:59 »
I did it with 160 chillis, the challenge of identifying each one from the database was very instructive and I learned a lot.  Good luck and enjoy

Mick B

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 22:29:44 »
I buy 1000 tags (£10) each year for the sale... so that I know what's what,... and even so............  :-[

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 22:35:18 »
I wonder if you can still get those lovely metal identification plates that the Victorians used.They were so classy. :)

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 23:03:07 »
Yes you can but in this quantity I would need a third Mortgage.......  ::)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 19:46:05 »
fortnum and mason were selling 'genuine welsh slate' plant labels  @ chelsea yesterday, only £12.99 for 6!!
You couldn't make it up!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 19:57:31 »
I suppose you could argue that they will last a lifetime :)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2008, 21:37:04 »
 ;D ;D ;)
You couldn't make it up!

calamityjayneuk

• Half Acre
  • Stanley, Co Durham
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 22:11:56 »
 ;D I am always mixing my stuff up. I was determined this year I would get a label in every pot. So I made my own by cutting up empty plastic 2 litre milk bottles.

Then my labelling pen dried up in the greenhouse - arrrrrgggggggggh! I keep forgetting to take a new one down the lottie   :-\

When I'm not working, I'm diggin' or craftin'

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 20:44:49 »
The writing seems to come off some of my plastic labels...........and on others the old writing underneath seems to stick and stay on longer than the new writing. I was looking at a courgette today called Gold S Jamm - couldn't remember having seeds of that name. So checked on last years stuff. I think the Rush has come off for the Gold Rush courgette and the writing for Sunflower Jammy Dodger come through. Alternatively someone sneaks down to my cold frame and invents new veg names because they know I am easily confused.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal