Author Topic: You'd never guess...  (Read 1228 times)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
You'd never guess...
« on: May 09, 2008, 13:36:13 »
...that I work in the Mortgage industry. Just noticed how much I've been posting on here recently! There's a direct correlation between the death of mortgages and the rise in number of my postings!

ACE

• Hectare
Re: You'd never guess...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 16:34:31 »
...that I work in the Mortgage industry.

Strange title, I thought that industry was building things, not breaking things.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 19:01:01 »
Poor you, Ollie. The numbers of people whosejobs are threatened  because of the mortgage situation isn't getting much coverage, is it, only the people losing their homes or not able to buy one.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 22:52:24 »
Couldn't agree more ACE - it should in fact be called "The exploitative money extorting trade - use us or we'll find another way to screw you". But I have in the past found my political views to be not entirely welcome in my, er, job (is that okay?!?!)...

Strangely, I'm the only slightly lefty person I've ever met in my industry... I just tell people how to do what they want in the best/cheapest way. I could've earned lots more money if I worked in a different way - but am self employed primarily so that I don't have to sell things to people who don't want them. I give people good advice, save them money & time, and just hope for a fair pay deal at the end. The industry is rapidly approaching a vanishing point overnight, and the media is full of astonishingly inaccurate stories.

There are many in my industry who are greedy and deserve what they get, and I don't expect sympathy. But it's odd to see such a rapid meltdown of something with such indifference from the government.

Oh, and the reason it's quiet is that the property market is just about to completely collapse, due to nobody feeding it from the bottom... which means more people have to rent. A good time to be a landlord - giving more money to those who already have it!

Woody Guthrie's thoughts on banks:
"Now as through this world I've rambled, I've seen lots of funny men,
Some rob you with a six shooter and some with a fountain pen
And as through this world you ramble, and through this world you roam
You'll never find an outlaw drive a family from their home"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal