Author Topic: Help on Pumpkin,atlantic giant  (Read 1663 times)

Andy H

• Hectare
Help on Pumpkin,atlantic giant
« on: July 25, 2004, 21:35:22 »
To get a big one on my first attempt,do I prune off the new little ones growing and other vines in certain directions? Have browsed the web and got totally confused... anyone grown a reasonable one? Would be nice to have one that takes over the allotment and have to bring home on the trailer! but just BIG would be nice because we will blow it up on halloween!

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
Re:Help on Pumpkin,atlantic giant
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 10:57:21 »
Andy,

from what I read I think the advice is to limit it to 4? That said my unknown halloween variety are doing their own thing and growing just fine. The first ones are pretty big now -certainly halloween sized, if they keep growing at this rate I might need a trailer :o

As a not so closet pyro -how are you going to blow the thing up?

Jeremy

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 21:58:03 »
Thanks for that advise. the one at home is growing at a rate now instead of stopping at golf ball since I cut new ones off that appeared. As for the blowing up! I cant reveal on-line apart from the fact that a scaffold pole,car battery and speaker wires and saw-dust are used to great effect with sound wave passing through body and pumpkin everywhere!!! Co-incidently someone did it on one of those vid clip progs on cable on sunday! Someone else always gets the stupid stuff I do on telly first! At least it shows I am not the only plonker with sense of humour and lack of self preservance about!
Should have seen our Bin Laden video built into a sand hill with rocket engines!!!ha

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 11:01:34 »
-oh dear, you've got me thinking, haven't made any big bangs for quite a while.

I think it could be much more fun than a veg. competition :

Classes for biggest bang, widest spread, most artistic presentation.......  ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 11:03:16 by derbex »

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 12:05:52 »
Ha yeah, we think we got a tomato past a 737 last year! was trying to work out if it went up whole or puree???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal