Author Topic: Ever been up the shute  (Read 1284 times)

Vony

• Acre
Ever been up the shute
« on: May 02, 2008, 17:44:12 »
Hi All

A very quiet member of the forum that has been stuck in a  mire of  sludge when the partner say's   " what shall we do for our fifteenth wedding anniversary.  !!!!!

Oh god any ideas's

betula

• Hectare
Re: Ever been up the shute
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 17:58:57 »
We normally go away for a few days somewhere,we have been to places like Oxford,Chester York and London.

We normally stay in a hotel and think about luvvvvvvvvvvvv.All you babies close your eyes. :)

Nothing like a champagne breakfast to put you in the mood for romance.

We can't really afford it but we do it anyway.

February is our wedding anniversary,my birthday and valentines day so we have a good reason to do it.

We want to go to Paris but have not got round to renewing our passports so we must do that soon. ;D

daileg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 18:03:08 »
took my wife to London in a nice hotel for the weekend did the lot walked everywhere sore it all what a weekend not enough green though such a  shame enjoyed all the same

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 18:53:27 »
early 36th (july), we're going in a nice hotel in chester for 4 days..and going to chester folk festival on saturday..during late may bank holiday.. ;D.

springbok

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 18:56:50 »
Bourton on the Water is a lovely place in the Cotswold's to go.  Plus there's lots to do for a sleepy village :)
Can recommend the Dial house hotel, four poster beds, huge rooms and food to die for.
Bit pricey but worth it for a special occasion.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 19:53:41 »
We had our 29th last week in Statford upon Avon along with two Chinese take aways over the weekend, Mr Chans at Tiddington is well worth a visit :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 22:15:13 »
In August 2002 we managed to get to my sisters 80th surprise party in Kent.
Next morning my husband said "We ought to have a family party for our 50th anniversary"
I was surprised as he was teetotal and didn't really go for parties but he knew I did, plus the fact he was in a wheelchair. I had a month to get people to come from all round the country and organise everything. Turned out to be a brilliant day/night
and I had so many group family photos which I had always wanted. Extra special as he died 3 months later.
What sort of things does your OH enjoy? Theatre, meal in a special restaurant? How about a trip on Euro Star. (I enjoyed that when daughter arranged trip for my 71st birthday)
Let us know what you decide.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 22:36:15 »
I am glad you have such lovely memories of your 50th Lorna ;D

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 17:17:25 »
How about Eurostar to Paris, starting off in the champagne bar - can recommend it ;D ;D

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 00:10:42 »
Apart from your fifteenth wedding anniversary being crystal, I can't think of anything special, other than to have a good old ding dong celebration ;D

valmarg

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 01:05:09 »
Avoid europe yes its romantic but very expensive at the moment hehe

Dependant on what you both like what about

Getting the train to scotland or fly and hire a car go tour the whiskey areas and relax.

You could go to cornwall visiting the eden project and stay in a spa and get pampered.

If you both like cooking you could book into Jean Christophe Novelli cooking school and stay nearby and have some pampering.

http://www.jeanchristophenovelli.com/

Other chefs / personalitys run simular things inc jimmys farm sausage making course hehe

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal