Author Topic: Cleome  (Read 2807 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Cleome
« on: July 23, 2004, 22:06:03 »
I have some lovely cleomes in flower at the moment which are beginning to get bulging seed pods.  If anyone would like some, let me know.  You have to take pot luck with the colours but here are the colours I have this year.

Happy gardening all...........Pat

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:Cleome
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 23:50:18 »
Pat, they are wonderful.  Are they easy to grow?  Do they come up year after year?? questions questions questions....however, would love to give them a go.  ;D

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 07:19:55 »
What beautiful flowers.  They look so delicate. I have the same questions as Emma? Count me in if you have any spare. :D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 09:14:31 »
Ok Mimi and Emma - I will put your names on the list ;)  I have to wait for them to ripen on the plant and then gather them.

They are very easy to grow but unfortunately they are annuals.  I sew the seeds in the greenhouse in early Spring and plant them out when frosts have finished.  Once you have them, you've got them for life - just collect the seeds each year.  I like doing this as you never know what colours you get.  I have Emma's address so if you pm me yours Mimi.

Lady Cosmos

• Acre
  • Lady of the dunes
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 17:04:19 »
Hai GG, I would love some Cleome seeds if you have any spare. In Holland they are called "kattesnor" that means cat's whiskers.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 19:06:45 »
Hi Lady C - I should have loads of seeds as I have quite a few plants.  PM me your address and I will add your name to the list.

Pat

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 21:01:54 »
I grew them from seed for the first time this year.  Viscious little blighters aren't they?  Middle son is convinced they are 'pot' plants cos of leaf shape and smell!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 22:18:40 »
They may be a bit prickley foc, but their beauty makes up for that I think ;) :)

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2004, 23:05:17 »
I agree! I was very impressed with their beauty and height.  I will definitely try to gather seed and grow them again.  Amazing how some 'must haves' from the seed cat end up rather so-so and others - like these - turn out to be wonderful.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal