Author Topic: Mornington Crescent anyone?  (Read 10481 times)

keef

• Hectare
Re: Mornington Crescent anyone?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 16:15:01 »
i think you'll find you cant play the feltcher loop in conjunction with the wickelt synopsis; they kind of cancel each other out....

Too true..

If were at Turnham Green, we can either make a left handed Acton slide turn down to Clapham Junction or a another over-brow (albeit left hand this time) move to Roding Valley... both risky moves, but I think I prefer Clapham than having to risk a potential Cadbury fowl up if i went to Roding.... so Clapham Junction it is.
Straight outt'a compton - West Berkshire.

Please excuse my spelling, i am an engineer

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 16:32:06 »
Not easy but Turnpike lane

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 16:35:47 »
 :-\

Ahhh, but Keef has overlooked Shepherd's Bush being closed til October. This circumstance invokes the Novak Overrule. If Humph were here I am sure he would agree.

8)

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 16:45:08 »

Ahhh, but Keef has overlooked Shepherd's Bush being closed til October. This circumstance invokes the Novak Overrule. If Humph were here I am sure he would agree.

8)

Crikey - i completely forgot... so we all dont get caught out again - please refer to,

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/tube-all-future.html

Seeing as i made such an error, the Novak Overrule means i'll have to sit out the next 3 moves - just when its getting interesting (will give me time to finish the lawn though)..

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 18:05:22 »
so thats gonna be elephant and castle then? or are we back at clapham?

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 18:14:02 »
"Listened to 'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue' in the bath. I have heard this amusing programme many times, but I still do not understand the rules of Mornington Crescent. Strange, since I must be one of the most intelligent men in the East Midlands."

Diary entry 17 May 03, Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction, Sue Townsend

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 12:48:23 »

8)

Crikey - i completely forgot... so we all dont get caught out again - please refer to,

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/tube-all-future.html

Seeing as i made such an error, the Novak Overrule means i'll have to sit out the next 3 moves - just when its getting interesting (will give me time to finish the lawn though)..

No! No! No error there, Keef 8) As the Official Beeb Spokesperson Put Out to Grass on a Lottie Somewhere Near You, I've been asked to report that they have been inundated by a letter from Mrs. Trellis who is in direct celestial correspondence with The Humph via the astrology column in The Star. The Maestro's judgement in this unusual case is that Clapham Junction is the way to go.....well, she thinks he meant that...wot he actually said was "a pox on you.."??

Off you go, Keef...

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 13:26:17 »
 :o

Would this be the same Mrs Trellis who was discredited some years ago as a fringe member of the Doris Stokes Cult?!

I am not sure we should allow this to distract us from our honourable game  :-[

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 15:03:51 »
Mrs Trellis indeed - she has a lot answer, total discrediting the North Wessex league - introducing many dodgy move's such as the as a Slide Feltching Acton and the False Ace Wipe. I can only assume it was the adverse effect of being a member of the Doris Stokes Cult.

OK - From Clapham we could use a treable bovvington overflip loop move to Angel. Another famous move from the 1945 championship - Fanny was undoubtably well before her time, making moves which have only recently appeared back in the game. Infact a Swedish research group (co-incedentally setup by one Count Von-Hickleborn's grandchildren) has studied this game in great detail, and have released many research papers detailing the moves and strategies played out by both players during the final, which i have found to be great bed time reading.

Of course now were at Angel, we should be careful not get stuck in Kilp - so someone should come along sooner rather than later and move us along....

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 15:51:19 »
well thats an obvious lefthanded tri-undular spike through hackney and into bow.

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 16:57:26 »
Ah ha, i see your setting us up for what would be a nice Convereflex Side Plane shift to Warren Street - however surely that would result in the use of a Rushton's Gambit - before Tea, extremely risky.

So, Seeing as the barmetric pressure is falling, and no one has played an Inverse Farringdon Flange - i would suggest playing an Converse Farringdon Flange to Ruslip. I feel this is only fair, and now sets up a for a Finsbury Flip - especially as my brother has never been caught in a lift Lancaster Gate - as explained in the 2nd edition of the Velleman amendments.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 19:42:31 »
Vellemans  amendments ,not in a leap year .I am on a three match ban due to calling into question Samantha's scoring methods ,
play through.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 21:40:17 »
Is it me or is there room here for a triangular shuffle to Russell Square? Unconventional I grant you, but I thought it was a masterful move in the 1973 quarter final of the Moldovan men's seven a side.
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 22:01:23 »
:o

Would this be the same Mrs Trellis who was discredited some years ago as a fringe member of the Doris Stokes Cult?!

Mrs Trellis - can't miss her house in North Wales - there's a Giant Hogweed on her lawn

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 22:13:48 »
Sorry RT
Strange, since I must be one of the most intelligent men in the East Midlands."

As a resident of derby I can assure you there aren't any...
 :-*

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 00:33:12 »
Were shafted now, from Russel Square all thats open, it pains me to say it, is a dreaded Paddington filch to Dollis Hill  :-X. Some crafty manouvers are needed now to get us out of it. If of course we were playing with the Tudor Rules we would be OK, and able to move to Arnos Grove so long a Fresian play is envoked - not perfect but better.

The same situation occured to me last year when playing in the local sunday league, against the Tring quartet. We were stuck there for ages, infact so long even being in Floating Spoons seemed a more confortable outcome. As it happens one of our players (Stinkey Pete), managed to get us into the lesser Floating tea spoons (seeing as it was the 1st of the month), and after a couple of loops back to Dollis Hill, he managed a crafty move to South Wimbledon - not that this is an option to us at this stage of course.

Perhaps if we could use a couple of chocolate token's on a No.145 bus (cheeky but just about legal) we might be able to get moving again if were still stuck in a dozen or so moves - bear it in mind everyone.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 01:41:26 »
Correct if I'm wrong but if you chaps are playing by Littleton rules surly chocolate token's are out of the question if you have been revere shafting, that is unless you are prepared to back to the Arsenal which i don't recommend I'm still black balled after making such a move in the 1979 chaz n Dave charity cup match

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 01:51:22 »
 ???

I might have known someone would eventually bring up the Littleton Rules! I have to step in here and mention the fiasco of the Millennium Game. It pains me to do this, especially under such sad circumstances, but we all know that Bupsters move of Russell Square is totally against the rules.

Sorry Bupster, but I know you played the move either from ignorance or naivety, and  I don't hold it against you!

:-[

keef

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:28 »
Your both correct, the Littledon Rules should have effected the last 2 moves - however as the Wicklet Synopsis is having such a large effect, being that easter was early this year, I think that both moves are legal. However the move to Russell Hill could have been replaced with a move to Fairlop, however Russell square it was so we've ended up in Dolllis hill. Unless of course we can bring into play the 2nd edition of the Brussell's public review - we'd then be safe to move off from Dollis hill to the new Earostar terminal at St Pancras (via Kings Cross St Pancras), i will need to study the public review documents during my daily 11:30 consitutional.

Its a shame, If the East London line had'nt been replaced with buses we could of course be more frivaless with our Choclate Tokens and OAP Spar special super savers - but we may all need them later in the game..

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 12:14:22 »
I think at this point i must make you aware that in the league i play for, the Morris men and pork pie crust makers every other sunday (unless its cold )league, we do not recognize the Bussells public review as we still play with the traditionally used yard stick and not one of them new meter sticks the 2ND edition insists on.But we do now allow a non digital wristwatches(but not in cup matches) if a suitable pocket watch cannot be found.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 12:16:07 by froglegs »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal