Author Topic: A simple supper  (Read 1962 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
A simple supper
« on: July 23, 2004, 12:38:44 »
Had a selection of veggies in the fridge that Ava doesn't like, courgettes, pattypan squash that 'accidently' fell of the plant and beetroots.  Cut them into large chunks, along with some onion and elephant garlic and cherry toms, mixed with plenty of olive oil, dash of balsamic, pepper and a slight sprinkle of sugar, sprinkle with torn basil leaves and cooked in a low oven for about an hour and a half, until all the veggies were tender and going kind of chewy.  Left in the fridge over night so the flavours can really intensify, and whilst Ava is tucking into lasagne, I will be feasting on my wonderful home grown roasted veggies.  Now I might make a veggie lasagne for me, layering them with the pasta and a white sauce...am yet to decide.  That will add rather a few more calories than I really should have.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re:A simple supper
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 12:45:40 »
mmm - sounds lovely. Sometimes I like having homegrown things pure, but I'd be tempted with the lasagne if I were you!

I love roasted veggies - we had them the other night (marinaded in honey, balsanic vinegar and rocket pesto mmmm) with pasta. Absolutely yummy. But sadly from the farm shop (next best thing) not the garden.
gone to pot :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal