Author Topic: Poorly Sally paw  (Read 2295 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Poorly Sally paw
« on: April 25, 2008, 00:13:28 »
Rushed to the vet with Sally this afternoon, after our walk was cut short by a limp. I had a look to find a small hard object in her pad. I had a little pull but it got bigger! So that wasn't a job for me........off to the vet, who pulled out a quarter of an inch piece of glass out of the main pad.

She was ever so good, and is now sporting a lavender bandage occasionally with a Sainsburys carrier over the top for wee excursions.

Goes back on sat, I wish I could find the idiot who thought it was good fun to smash glass in a public wood so I could slap the £60 bill on him/her >:(
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

aromatic

• Half Acre
  • Lavender flowers yield abundant nectar
Re: Poorly Sally paw
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 01:51:32 »
Sorry to hear about Sally's accident Star.... Poor thing, its amazing how many brainless idiots do mindless things like breaking glass bottles in popular areas.... its just the sort of thing you find on a beach! And like you say Star you are stuck with the bill!!! Have been in the same situation myself..... and its soooooooo frustratingly, annoying!!! You have to tell yourself  it could have been much worse and at least Sally will be on the mend soon..... One day these mindless idiots will have their just desserts!!

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done.  ~Author Unknown

Love aromatic xxx

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:11:48 »
Oh poor Sally. I bet that hurt :o I hope she gets better soon.

You will be able to sleep well tonight, knowing that you have helped your vet on his way to another foreign holiday ::) ;D ;D ;D Mine is permanently tanned since we had Gypsy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cj :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 22:35:46 »
Hope all goes well with Sally.  So many idiots about.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 21:38:12 »
Thanks for all the well wishes for her, she's getting bored of lead walks! But she is doing very well, the vets dressing came off on saturday and now she's nicked my sock for a few days.

It's hubby's birthday today, I told him Sally had spent his present and he'll have to wait till next week :D

I know what you mean Caroline about the vets holidays. It was the nurse who did the procedure, I guess it would have cost double had the vet done it ::) ::) >:(
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 22:28:34 »
Poor hubby, no pressie :'(

You'll have to be extra nice to him instead ;D

cj :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal