Author Topic: bloomin rain!  (Read 1553 times)

Zoglet

• Half Acre
bloomin rain!
« on: April 19, 2008, 16:11:05 »
I work five days a week and look forward to getting down to the lotty at the weekend for so many reasons.

Am I the only one beginning to think the weather is conspiring against me?? It feels as though it has rained every Saturday and Sunday for about the last six months! Meanwhile the "todo" list keeps getting longer and longer.

Sorry for the rant, I guess I will just have to work harder at my tao like appreciation for the moment! ;)

Z
Got first allotment 24//4/06 - so much to do!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: bloomin rain!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 20:19:45 »
It's very easy to get behind this time of year, but don't worry, everything gets caught up in the end. I'm just thankful I'm getting the perennial weeds dealt with at last, so for a change I'm not bogged down trying to get everything dug.

lee79

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 20:54:35 »
I was thinking that this morning.  Had loads to do, but looked like it was going to throw it down.  Luckily though, the rain only started as I closed the main gate to the site, when I was leaving.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 21:19:58 »
Same here Zoglet, my time at lottie is extremely limited right now due to uni commitments (typically right in the middle of main planting time!) and am getting REALLY fed up with this stupid weather now!  Not to mention getting dangerously close to needing another mini greenhouse to add to the 3 plus tomato greenhouse that seem to have mysteriously bred in my garden!  How did they get there?! lol
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 21:23:08 »
im thinking the same, ive got 2 small kids so its not as if i can brave the cold winds either, bladdy weather!! we lasted 20mins today well i did, everyone else sat in daddys car watching and telling me to hurry up it was cold!!! charmed! tho ive managewd to plant a blackcurrant and blackberry so fingers crossed! oh and some sweetpeas in the kids plot :D i also noticed the tayberry stick that i thought id killed has a lil sprout on it! yay! and the redcurrant (i think, label dropped off so may be another blackcurrant!) has lil buds too! hurrah! we may have fruit at least if nothing else survives!!! am just hoping the weathers dry 2morrow as im getting a fig tree/s.... please please please please!!!!
oh and posie ive got a few million (it seems!) toms too... covering the floor/windowsill in the conservatory... am hoping theyd be ok in the mini greenhouse if i evict the sunflowers and sweetpeas and cosmeas... oh and the leeks! i mini greenhouse just isnt enough! (nor the conservatory, soon as the toms move ill fill it with something else!!!!)
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 21:37:17 »
I think I'd be able to fill a whole page myself with all the stuff I have in my greenhouses right now.  What's worrying is I'm looking at the biggest one, which contains flowers, then looking at my garden and thinking how???? I literally have a concrete yard with raised walls about 10ft long and about 1ft wide with soil between them and I only have two of them! And I appear to have the contents of Kew Gardens in my greenhouses!  I really must cut back next year, think I succumbed to new gardeners enthusiasm - it should be classified as a new obsessional disorder I think.  So now I have OCD and NGE! lol  ;D
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 09:06:14 »
I know the feeling loopyloulou I have two small boys that love going to the lottie but get bored after 2 minuites and then make my life hell.  I have to go down when my oh is off which of course are the days that it rains and I can't do anything anyway.  Dam this horrid weather

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 09:10:29 »
i never take the kids to the plot these days except to pick stuff. they do get bored of it very quickly. luckily mine are school age now so i get my plot time when the weather is good. i do agree that this rainy weather is a pain in the arras.
i just was reading your other thread caseylee about the state of your clay soil in this rain. not much you can do but play the waiting game really.  ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal